UPDATE – Disney Plus has officially launched in Malaysia, but its content library varies from the US library. To access a more extensive library of movies and TV shows, we recommend using ExpressVPN and changing your IP address to a US one.
Is Disney Plus available in Malaysia? No Disney Plus Malaysia is not available yet, but you can still watch it with the best VPN. Disney Plus comes with geo-restrictions and can only be accessed if you live in the US or countries where it’s accessible. Because Disney+ has not come to Malaysia yet, you need to change your IP address to a US one with the best US VPN.
However, not just any VPN will work. You need to choose a VPN that offers an extensive list of servers in Disney+-accessible locations, fast speeds, and high-end security. For this, ExpressVPN is currently the best Disney+ Plus VPN when we tested it, and it comes highly recommended.
Now, even to sign up for Disney Plus in Malaysia, you must have a US Credit card. Not everyone has access to a US Credit Card, so we’ve shown you alternative payment methods that you can use instead.
This just in, Disney+ Hotstar is now available for streaming in Malaysia! However, Disney Malaysia content is different from the US Disney+ version. There might be some similar content, but you won’t find most of the movies in the Malaysian library compared to the US one. We’ve changed our guide around a little to show you how to access the US Disney Plus library in Malaysia or the Malaysian library abroad.
Table of Contents
- Is Disney+ available in Malaysia?
- How to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia
- Quick list – 5 Best VPNs for Disney Plus Malaysia
- Why do you need a VPN to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia?
- Best VPN to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia
- How to choose the best VPN to watch Disney Plus Malaysia
- How much does it cost to Watch Disney+ in Malaysia?
- How to sign up for Disney Plus in Malaysia?
- What devices are compatible with watching Disney Plus in Malaysia?
- Watch Disney Malaysia on compatible devices
- How to watch Disney+ Malaysia on Android
- Watch Disney+ Malaysia on iOS
- How to watch Disney Plus Malaysia on Firestick
- Best TV shows to watch on Disney+ Malaysia
- Best movies to stream on Disney+ Malaysia
- FAQs – Disney Plus Malaysia
Is Disney+ available in Malaysia?
Yes, Disney Plus is now available in Malaysia. You can now easily sign up with Disney+ Hotstar Malaysia from the website itself. However, even though a whole chunk of exclusive content is available for streaming there, the library is not the same as in the US. Connecting to ExpressVPN and its US server can get you more content to stream on Disney+ Malaysia.
How to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia
If you’re trying to access US Disney Plus in Malaysia, here’s how:
- Subscribe to the best VPN to watch Disney+ in Malaysia. We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN on your device.
- Launch the app and sign in to your account.
- Connect to the US server. This will give you a US IP address.
- You can now watch US Disney+ content in Malaysia.
If you want to access Disney Plus Malaysia from abroad, you only need to switch to a Malaysian VPN server.
Quick list – 5 Best VPNs for Disney Plus Malaysia
- ExpressVPN is the best VPN to unblock and stream US Disney Plus content in Malaysia. It gives you access to 3000+ servers in 94 countries, with US servers in 23 US locations. It also includes Malaysian servers for you to access Disney+ Malaysia from abroad. It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a free trial to test the VPNs.
- Surfshark is a budget-friendly Disney+ VPN that works reliably to watch Disney Plus Malaysia. It offers 3200 servers in 100 countries, with 600 servers in America. It allows unlimited simultaneous device connections to unblock US Disney Plus in Malaysia or anywhere in the world.
- NordVPN offers industry-leading security to give you private access to Disney Plus in Malaysia. It offers a double security feature that ensures you stay anonymous on the internet. It has 5500+ servers in 59 countries with 1970+ US servers.
- CyberGhost is a user-friendly VPN with optimized servers for Disney+ in Malaysia. Its list gives you 8000+ servers in 91 countries. Within that list, there are 1200+ servers in the US alone to help you unblock US TV shows and movies on Disney Plus Malaysia.
- FastestVPN is one of the best affordable VPNs that offers access to Disney Plus Malaysia abroad. It comes with a 15-day money-back guarantee, which helps you test the VPN first.
Why do you need a VPN to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia?
Disney Plus is currently one of the best streaming services out there, but it’s mostly available in the US, and a few other countries. You’ll find it in the UK, Canada, New Zealand, Belgium, and now it’s even available in Malaysia.
Disney Plus strictly follows content distribution laws and content copyright policies. Even though Disney Plus Malaysia is available, its content library is limited compared to the US. To access it in Malaysia, you need to change your IP address to a US one. ExpressVPN helps with that and gives you access to speedy and secure US servers that unblock more movies and TV shows in Malaysia.
Plus, despite Disney Plus Malaysia being accessible, you will still need a VPN to stream on Disney+ because of factors like ISP throttling and data monitoring. A VPN for Disney+ Malaysia will help you bypass speed and bandwidth throttling, eliminating buffering issues. If you haven’t signed up for Disney+ in Malaysia, and would like to first test it out, you can use the VPN to switch servers and get access to a Disney Plus free trial.
A credible VPN service, such as ExpressVPN can help you get US Disney Plus content library anywhere in the world. Simply connect to the US server of ExpressVPN and watch US Disney Plus in countries like Singapore, South Africa, Ireland, Philippines, Thailand, France, Romania, and the UK.
Best VPN to watch Disney Plus Malaysia
To watch Disney+ Malaysia, we have listed 5 VPNs that are the best for Disney Plus. We tested them and they work to unblock Disney+ Hotstar in Malaysia and even unblock more movies and TV shows from the US library. ExpressVPN is the best right now to stream Disney Plus Malaysia, and here’s why:
With best-in-class encryption and over 3000+ servers in 94 countries, ExpressVPN is currently the best VPN to unblock Disney+. We tested its servers and accessed Disney Plus Malaysia abroad and even opened up more US Disney+ content in the country. With the same VPN subscription, you can unblock Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hotstar and other streaming services.
Even with Disney Plus Malaysia, you’d still need ExpressVPN to create stable speeds, which is something your ISP throttles. The ExpressVPN security features are industry-level. With it, you can protect your connection and watch Disney+ TV shows like The Making of She-Hulk and movies like Ant-Man without encountering buffering issues.
With one ExpressVPN subscription, you get access to up to 5 multiple device connections, which means you can stream Disney+ on one device while using another streaming service on another device.
ExpressVPN is the best VPN for streaming Disney+ content in Malaysia for many reasons. You can get it at its most affordable package at $6.67/mo. Additionally, ExpressVPN offers a free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee that you can use for testing purposes.
Surfshark is a pocket-friendly VPN that caters to online privacy and access to geo-restricted streaming services. Within its list of 3200+ servers in 100 countries, Surfshark gives you 600+ US servers to unblock Disney+ in Malaysia. The server speeds are stable enough to bypass ISP throttling. Besides Disney Plus, you can use its US servers to access Hulu, HBO Max, Amazon Prime, and more in Malaysia.
Surfshark allows users unlimited device connections on every subscription plan and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee. Connecting to its USA, UK, and Canada servers, you can enjoy a plethora of Disney+ in Malaysia.
NordVPN is popular for its trustworthy security features and its ability to unblock Disney Plus in most countries. It even works to unblock US Disney+ content in Malaysia or Disney Plus Malaysia from abroad. Among its list of 5500+ servers in 59 countries, around 1970+ of its servers are in the US, and the inclusion of Malaysian VPN servers.
You can connect to any one of those servers to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia without internet lagging or ISP throttling. NordVPN is more than capable of unblocking Disney+ in Malaysia. It also works for Hulu, HBO Max, and other US services.
NordVPN is compatible with most operating systems and devices and offers a SmartPlay DNS proxy. You can use the proxy or the VPN on your router to extend the connection to your Roku or gaming consoles. Need to test the VPN? NordVPN comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee that you can use instead. If you feel the service does not work properly, you can always cancel your subscription and apply for a refund.
CyberGhost is also another reliable VPN to help you unblock Disney Plus in Malaysia. It’s not just user-friendly but capable of unblocking a large number of streaming services, including Disney+ Malaysia. Within its 8000+ servers in 91 countries, around 1386 are in the US. It even offers 37 Malaysian servers to stream Diseney+ Malaysia without any speed or bandwidth issues.
Additionally, CyberGhost is big for online privacy. You can connect to CyberGhost to secure your connection and remain anonymous with its industry-leading encryption and security protocols.
You can test CyberGhost with Disney Plus Malaysia during its 1-day free trial for Windows or jump into its 45-day money-back guarantee. If you are not satisfied with the services of the VPN, you can apply for a full refund within 45 days.
If you’re looking for a VPN that unblocks Disney Plus, and is currently the most affordable, FastestVPN is the best choice. It offers around 550+ servers in 50+ locations, all of which you can use to unblock the most top-notch streaming services. Some of these include Netflix, BBC iPlayer, and more other than Disney Plus Malaysia.
Additionally, FastestVPN offers compatible apps for most devices and operating systems. There is no free trial but you can use its 15-day money-back guarantee to test the VPN risk-free to access Disney+ in Malaysia with the complete US library.
You can get it for as low as $1.11 on its 3-year deal. This is the most cost-effective VPNs in our list. Moreover, it also provides up to 10 multiple device connections, which you can use to stream Disney Plus in Malaysia easily.
How to choose the best VPN to watch Disney Plus Malaysia
Remember, not every other VPN is worthy of unblocking Disney Plus in Malaysia. Choosing the best VPN to unblock the service in any geo-restricted region is essential. Moreover, unblocking Disney+ should not only be the only thing you look for in a VPN. It must provide stable speeds to ensure a smooth streaming experience without buffering or lags.
Below are some of the crucial aspects to look for in the best Disney Plus VPN in Malaysia;
- Servers – A VPN with multiple US and Malaysian servers is what you should look for. Since the content catalog of US Disney Plus is what most users need, a VPN you choose must offer extensive server coverage in the US. Moreover, in case a particular server experience excessive load, you can always switch and get the best Disney Plus streaming experience.
- Speeds – You should know that if the speeds are not good, the streaming experience will be poor. What good is a VPN if it forces you to quit streaming? This is why go after the VPN that offers stable speeds, such as ExpressVPN.
- Reputation – Today, a sea of VPNs is available in the market, making it hard to choose the right one. This is why the big names in the industry are essential to look at. The VPN service providers we covered here have a good reputation, which makes them the favorite.
- Security – It is crucial to get a VPN, which operates with AES 256-bit encryption protocol. Every VPN service provider here offers top-notch security to ensure you stay anonymous online and hide your online activities.
How much does it cost to Watch Disney+ in Malaysia?
Disney Plus Malaysia offers a monthly and a yearly plan. You can get the monthly plan ad-free at $6.99/month (RM 29.49.) The yearly plan ad-free costs $69.99/yearly (RM 295.32.) If you don’t have a subscription yet and would like to sign up for it abroad, ExpressVPN offers both US and Malaysian servers to connect with. This way you’d be able to sign up for the service by changing your IP address.
How to sign up for Disney Plus in Malaysia?
- Get a VPN subscription; we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your compatible device.
- Open the VPN app and sign in using your credentials.
- Connect to the US server of ExpressVPN; we recommend New York and Miami.
- Open the Disney Plus app and click “Sign up” now.
- Enter your email address.
- Set a password.
- Choose your “Subscription plan” as per your preference.
- Opt for an in-app purchase.
- Now, you can watch Disney Plus in Malaysia with complete privacy and anonymity.
What devices are compatible with watching Disney Plus in Malaysia?
You can download and install Disney+ Malaysia on these compatible devices.
- Windows (PWA app)
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
- Google Chromebook
- Google Chromecast
- Sony PlayStation
Watch Disney Malaysia on compatible devices
There are many devices that Disney Plus is compatible with. However, the most common devices used for sreaming Disney+ in Malaysia are:
How to watch Disney+ Malaysia on Android
- Subscribe to the best VPN for Disney Plus in Malaysia.
- Download the VPN and install it on your device.
- Launch the VPN and sign in to your account.
- Connect to either a US or a Malaysian server depending on the library you want access to.
- Sign up for Disney+ or sign in to your account.
- You can now watch Malaysia Disney Plus on Android smartphone.
Watch Disney+ Malaysia on iOS
- Get the best VPN for Disney Plus Malaysia.
- Download the VPN from the App Store and install it on your device.
- Start the VPN and sign in to your account.
- Connect to a US or a Malaysian VPN server depending on what Disney+ catalogue you want access to.
- Get the Disney+ app from the App Store and sign up or sign in to your account.
- You can now watch Disney Plus Malaysia on iOS smartphone.
How to watch Disney Plus Malaysia on Firestick
- Sign up with ExpressVPN. It is the best VPN to watch Disney Plus in Malaysia.
- Get the VPN app on your Fire TV from the Amazon App Store.
- Launch the VPN and sign into your account.
- Connect to a Malaysian or US server to access Disney+ in Malaysia.
- Download the Disney+ app from the Amazon Store.
- Sign in or sign up for the service.
- That’s all! You’ll now be able to watch the best movies and TV shows on Disney+ Malaysia.
Best TV shows to watch on Disney+ Malaysia
- The Mandalorian
- Star Wars
- Star War Rebels
- The Right Stuff
- The Book of Boba Fett
- Jessica Jones
- The Muppet Show
Best movies to stream on Disney+ Malaysia
- Home Alone
- Frozen 2
- The Lion King
- The Avengers
- The Princess Bride
- The Incredibles
- Thor (Thor Ragnarok)
FAQs – Disney Plus Malaysia
Can you get Disney Plus in Malaysia?
Yes, you can get Disney Plus in Malaysia if you are connected to the best Disney+ VPN. Get a VPN subscription and access Disney+ in Malaysia without any geo-restrictions.
How much is Disney+ Hotstar monthly?
Disney+ Hotstar costs $6.67 monthly. Moreover, you can have a twelve-month plan and get three months for free.
Is Disney Plus available in Malaysia?
No, like many other regions, Disney Plus is geo-blocked in Malaysia. If, however, you want to access it from Malaysia, you need a robust VPN connection to get through the geo-blocks of Disney+.
How many devices I can use on Disney Plus Malaysia?
A single account of Disney+ supports 5 devices simultaneously. Additionally, you can stream Disney+ Hotstar in Malaysia with a Disney+ subscription using Surfshark, since it allows unlimited device connections.
Does Disney+ do monthly payments?
Disney Plus does monthly and yearly payments. It depends on you whether you want a monthly subscription or yearly. However, you can get a Disney+ monthly bundle for $8 and an annual subscription for $80. Additionally, you can get ad-free streaming on several media streaming sites when you subscribed to Disney+.
What's on Disney+ Malaysia?
When subscribed to Disney+ Malaysia, you can enjoy a collection of inspiring media content from Disney Plus Hotstar including 800+ films and 1800+ astounding titles from Marvel, Pixar, Star Wars, and National Geographic.
Is Disney+ Hotstar free in Malaysia?
No, it is not free. But, however, you can access Disney+ Hotstar in Malaysia for RM 54.90 if you are already a Disney+ subscriber.
How to pay for Disney Plus Malaysia?
There are several payment methods to pay for a Disney Plus subscription in Malaysia. You can choose between Credit card, Debit Card, PayPal for both Android and iOS users or use the Apple Gift Store direct billing for iOS users.
How can I get Disney Hotstar in Malaysia?
To access Disney Plus Hotstar in Malaysia you need to connect to a premium VPN that spoofs your real IP address with a US IP. With that you can easily get Disney Plus Hotstar in Malaysia since your IP address cannot be tracked while you are connected to a VPN.
Can I watch Disney Plus Hotstar on PS4?
You can easily watch Disney Plus Hotstar on PS4, PS5, and PS4 slim quite easily. Moreover, you should know that Disney Plus Hotstar cannot be watched on PS3.
What is Disney+ Hotstar Malaysia?
It is a collaboration of India;s streaming service and Disney Plus. You can watch the world-class content on Disney+ Hotstar with a lot of local content as well.
When will Disney Plus be expected to be available in Malaysia?
There is nothing official yet, however the core Disney+ core team is working to make the service available in Malaysia as early as they can.
Can I run Disney Plus on my device without a VPN connection?
Yes, you can. If you reside in a country or a region where Disney Plus services are available you won’t need a VPN to access it. However, if you reside in a country where its services are not available, you will need a VPN.
Can I watch Disney Plus in Malaysia?
No, you cannot! Disney Plus cannot be watched in Malaysia because it is geo-restricted there, However, with the best Disney Plus VPN, you can unblock its services and enjoy watching your favorite movies and TV shows on Disney Plus without any restrictions.
That’s a wrap! Disney Plus Malaysia is officially available! However, because the content on the Malaysian library varies from the US one, we recommend using ExpressVPN for it. You’d be able to access more content on the US Disney+ catalog in Malaysia by changing your IP address to a US one. Another point to note, most ISP’s often limit bandwidth and control the speeds of the internet. This leads to buffering issues. For this reason, we also recommend using a VPN to bypass the issue, despite the service being available in the country.