If you want to watch Amazon Prime Video from a country where it is not available, you will need a reliable VPN. It is only accessible in a few countries, so if you reside in a country where it is unavailable, the best VPN for Amazon Prime Video will then do the job for you. Below, you will find a quick guide on how to watch Amazon Prime with a VPN from anywhere in the world.
It is not hidden that Amazon Prime Video is home to an extensive library of movies and TV shows. However, you should know that it is not available in every country, so a VPN becomes necessary to access it.Besides unblocking Amazon Prime Video in a country where its services are unavailable, the users from countries where it is available also sometimes use a VPN. Why? To access Amazon Prime Video content that is only available in a few countries because of licensing and copyrighting.
Amazon Prime Video’s vast content library of movies and TV shows is restricted from country to country and region to region. It may be possible that the country you live in might not have some of the TV shows and movies on Amazon Prime Video, which may be available in another country.
A VPN enables you to watch the content on another region’s catalog or your country’s version of Amazon Prime Video if you travel to another country on vacation. A reliable VPN such as ExpressVPN allows you to stream a complete content catalog unavailable in your residence country by connecting you to its server in a country where the content you are looking for is available.
Amazon Prime is good when it comes to blocking VPNs. This shortens the list of the best VPNs for Amazon Prime Video. The VPNs we mentioned here will help you watch the Amazon Prime Video content catalog from any country in the world within no time.
Table of Contents:
- Best VPNs for Amazon Prime Video – Quick List
- How to Watch Amazon Prime Video with a VPN in 5 Easy Steps
- Why Do You Need the Best VPN for Amazon Prime Video?
- Top 5 Best VPNs for Amazon Prime Video in 2022 – In-depth Analysis
- Unblock Amazon Prime Video with the Best VPN on your supported devices
- Which countries is Amazon Prime Video available in?
- Why My VPN’s not working with Amazon Prime Video?
- How to select the Best Amazon Prime VPN?
- How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime?
- How Much Does Amazon Prime Cost?
- Can I use a free VPN for Amazon Prime Video?
- FAQs – The Best VPN for Amazon Prime Video
- Wrapping Up!
Best VPNs for Amazon Prime Video – Quick List
If you’re in a hurry and do not want to read the whole article, here is a list of the best VPN for Amazon Prime Video;
- ExpressVPN – Easily accesses Amazon Prime Video’s entire content library with the help of its extensive server coverage, break-neck speeds, and data leak protection.
- Surfshark – A VPN is known for its security. On any of its subscriptions, you can get unlimited simultaneous connections, which you can use to keep all your devices safe and watch Amazon Prime Video on.
- NordVPN – Has been tested and tried with unblocking Amazon Prime Video’s catalog with great ease. Best known for its transparent no-logs policy.
- CyberGhost – You can find the server in CyberGhost primarily marked for Amazon Prime Video. It has a vast server network of more than 8000+ servers in 90+ countries.
- FastestVPN – The cheapest VPN on our list. Anyone on a budget can go for FastestVPN as it can easily unblock Amazon Prime Video with a single tap.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video with a VPN in 5 Easy Steps
After you have decided which VPN service provider you will use to unblock Amazon Prime Video, the steps mentioned below will help you get started instantly.
A step-by-step guide to unblock Amazon Prime Video with a VPN from anywhere in the world;
- Subscribe to the best Amazon Prime Video VPN; we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install its app on your device.
- Log in to the app with your credentials.
- Connect to the server in a country you want to unblock, such as the US.
- Open the Amazon Prime Video and access the content you want to watch.
Note: You must know that there are two ways to access Amazon Prime Video content that might create confusion. The TV shows and movies can be accessed on the official website of Amazon Prime (amazon.com) or Prime Video (primevideo.com) official website.
From the tests we ran and based on the user reports on the internet, amazon.com is a better option if you are spoofing your location. Besides, if the content you want to watch is not accessed this way, you can always try primevideo.com.
Why Do You Need the Best VPN for Amazon Prime Video?
Amazon Prime Video is known for its tough geo-blocks. It has been seen that many VPNs have failed when unblocking Amazon Prime from anywhere. Even the VPNs claiming to unblock Amazon Prime are often inconsistent or do not work.
The main reason why you need the best VPN for Amazon Prime Video is to get access to its extensive content catalog, which is distributed by the service differently in different regions. For instance, if a particular TV show is available on the US Amazon Prime, it may not be available in the Canadian Amazon Prime catalog. This happens because of the licensing on the content that the streaming service imposes.
The best way to bypass these geo-restrictions is by using the best Amazon Prime VPN. We recommend ExpressVPN as it has been ranked #1 by users all over the world. The ultra-fast speeds that it provides with remarkable unblocking abilities with its extensive server network come in quite handy.
It can hide your real IP address and provide the one from a country from which you want to watch the Amazon Prime TV show or a movie. The VPNs we mentioned here work perfectly with accessing the Amazon Prime catalog of your choice with great ease.
Top 5 Best VPNs for Amazon Prime Video in 2022 – In-depth Analysis
The market is crowded with VPN service providers that claim to be the best for Amazon Prime. Unfortunately, it is nothing more than a sprawl. I have rounded up some options to save you the trouble of looking for the best VPN for Amazon Prime. Rest assured, you can subscribe to any of them as they are best for streaming purposes and start watching Amazon Prime anywhere it is geo-restricted.
ExpressVPN is our top recommendation for the best VPN for Amazon Prime. The unblocking ability of ExpressVPN is unmatched in every regard by all its competitors. The great server coverage of ExpressVPN enables you to watch Amazon Prime content catalog from anywhere in the world.
It has 3000+ servers in 94 countries, with servers in the US in 22 locations. You can connect to any of them to access the US Amazon Prime content library with a single tap. You can try connecting to its New Jersey and New York servers to unblock Amazon Prime from a country where it is geo-restricted or only offers limited content.
Other than Amazon Prime, ExpressVPN comes in handy to unblock any other streaming services such as Hulu and Disney Plus. Moreover, it is on the front row when it comes to security as it works with military-grade AES 256-bit encryption protocol and has a strict no-logs policy.
On its single subscription, you get up to 5 multiple simultaneous connections on which you can easily watch Amazon Prime with different content catalogs. It is highly compatible with Android, iOS, macOS, Windows, and Linux.
You can enjoy watching Amazon Prime with ExpressVPN at just $6.67 per month on its one-year plan with 3 extra free months. Many users consider this an expensive deal, but looking at how secure and reliable it is, the price is justified.
It comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you think it is not up to your expectations, you can always cancel your subscription within 30 days to get your full refund, sounds good, right?
- Break-neck speeds with unlimited bandwidth
- Unblocks Amazon Prime easily
- Cutting-edge security and unblocking ability
- Easy-to-use interface
- 5 simultaneous connections
With its budget-friendly subscription plans, Surfshark is one of the most affordable options you can go for as the best Amazon Prime VPN. With an extensive server network of 3200+ servers in 95+ countries, you can watch Amazon Prime from anywhere you are.
It has 600 servers in the US alone, which can come in handy for you to access the US content catalog of Amazon Prime video. You can try its New York and Boston server to unblock Amazon Prime in countries where it is unavailable.
The streaming experience with Surfshark is one of a kind. There are no buffering or lags during the video, which is what streaming is all about. Besides, Amazon Prime Surfshark can unblock other popular streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, Disney Plus, and more.
It is compatible to run on all popular devices and platforms with ease, such as iOS, Windows, Android, and macOS. Also, by configuring it on your router, you can use it on your Apple TV, Smart TVs, Roku, Firestick, and Kodi.
Surfshark is secure and provides protected online streaming for you using its AES 256-bit encryption protocol, no-logs policy, Whitelister, and NoBorders Mode. Another great thing about Surfshark is that it comes with UNLIMITED simultaneous connections.
You can subscribe to Surfshark only at $2.49 on its 2-year deal. Moreover, you can cancel your subscription before 30 days as the service comes with a 30-day backed-up refund policy, which allows you to test the VPN first.
- UNLIMITED simultaneous device connections
- 600 US servers
- Stable speeds for streaming
- Quite affordable
- 24/7 customer chat support
- No obfuscated feature on all servers
- Limited servers for torrenting
Looking for a secure VPN for Amazon Prime? NordVPN is at your rescue. The strong encryption NordVPN uses ensures to keep you safe and enables you to watch Amazon Prime by being unidentified.
It has 5504 servers in 59 countries which means you can unblock the Amazon Prime content catalog from your preferred server in only a matter of seconds. 1970 servers of NordVPN are found in the US alone, which means you can easily unblock Amazon Prime from any country where it is geo-restricted.
There will be no delays while you connect to NordVPN’s server of your choice to stream Amazon Prime from anywhere. Besides Amazon Prime, you can watch other popular streaming services using NordVPN, like BBC iPlayer, Disney Plus, Hulu, and Netflix.
On its single subscription plan, you get to have 6 simultaneous connections on your devices. NordVPN is compatible and perfectly works on macOS, iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux. You can also use NordVPN on your Firestick device. Also, its top-notch security features enable robust security as it uses AES 256-bit encryption protocol, which is the highest level of encryption to you anonymous on the internet.
It comes with a price of $3.09 per month on its 2-year standard package, which is not that much expensive. If you are unsatisfied with its service, you can cancel your subscription before 30-days to get your refund.
- 1950+ servers in the US
- Cyber Sec, a 256-bit encryption protocol and Double VPN feature
- 6 simultaneous connections
- Ultra-fast speeds
- The android app is not that great
CyberGhost has the most servers in our list of the best VPNs for Amazon Prime. It has 8000+ servers in 91 countries. Among those 8000 servers, 1300+ servers are in the US, which can help you get an extensive US Amazon Prime Video catalog in seconds.
You can subscribe to CyberGhost at quite a low price currently because of its best pricing plan. It only requires you to pay $2.29 on its 3-year plan, which does not sound like a bad deal. Also, it comes with a 45-day money-back guarantee, during which if you want to cancel your subscription, you can.
Also, you can find Amazon Prime dedicated servers only optimized for Amazon Prime on the CyberGhost list of servers. This enables you to unblock Amazon Prime to get unrestricted access from anywhere in the world in the world. The recommended servers to unblock Amazon Prime with CyberGhost are Miami, Los Angeles, and Dallas. Besides Amazon Prime Video, CyberGhost can also unblock Netflix for you quite easily.
CyberGhost provides DNS leak protection, Kill Switch, WireGuard, split tunneling, and ad-blocker to keep you safe while you are connected to the internet.
- Military-grade encryption protocol
- Chat support is available 24/7
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Amazon Prime servers
- It is not functional in China
- Server speeds often drop
The primary reason for adding FastestVPN to this list is to enable you an option to have a VPN that has cheap pricing plans. You can subscribe to FastestVPN for as low as $1.11 on its 3-year deal.
It is quite cheap and helps all those who are on a budget but want to unblock Amazon Prime. The speeds were okay, as they were not quite fast, but enough for streaming purposes. The VPN blocked off annoying ads, which is something that makes the whole streaming experience quite better.
The server network of FastestVPN is quite small as well, but gradually they are on that. As of now, it has 550+ servers in 52 locations. It can help you unblock the US Amazon Prime with ease as it has been tried and tested.
You get up to 10 multiple simultaneous connections on its subscription plan. Moreover, it comes with a 15-day money-back guarantee as well, which can be claimed to get a full refund if you want.
- Cheap subscription plan
- 10 multiple simultaneous connections
- Small server network
- Lousy customer chat support
Unblock Amazon Prime Video with the Best VPN on your supported devices
The list above consisting the best Amazon Prime VPNs; you can now unblock it on all your devices. It is not a surprise that these days people own more than one device, and they should be able to stream Prime Video on all of them easily. Below you will find some of the popular devices on which you can easily stream Amazon Prime Video with the best Prime Video VPN.
- Windows PC
- Apple TV
- Smart TV
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video on Android with a VPN
A step-by-step guide on how to watch Amazon Prime on Android with a VPN;
- Subscribe to a Prime Video VPN; we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install its app on your Android from the Play Store.
- Launch the VPN and log into it with your credentials.
- Now connect to the server from a country where the content you wish to watch is available; for instance, connect to its US server.
- Open the Amazon Prime Video app on your Android and enjoy watching.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video on iOS with a VPN
A step-by-step guide on how to watch Amazon Prime on iOS with a VPN;
- Subscribe to the best Amazon Prime Video; we recommend ExpressVPN.
- Download and install its app on your iOS.
- Log in using your credentials.
- Connect to the server from a country where the content you want to stream is available.
- Access the Amazon Prime app and start watching your favorite movies and TV shows on your iOS.
How to Watch Amazon Prime Video on PC with a VPN
A step-by-step guide on how to watch Amazon Prime on PC with a VPN;
- Subscribe to the Amazon Prime VPN; our top recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Download and install the VPN app on your PC.
- Connect to the server of your choice where the Amazon Prime Video you want to access is available.
- Now, open the Prime Video App on your PC or access it on the browser.
- There you go! Enjoy watching your favorite movies and TV shows on Prime Video.
Which countries is Amazon Prime Video available in?
Good news for streaming lovers! Amazon Prime Video is available worldwide only in a few countries. The countries where it is not available are Iran, Russia, Mainland China, Syria, and North Korea.
However, if you want to access a particular country’s content catalog on Amazon Prime, you can use a VPN. For instance, if you want to stream the US Amazon Prime catalog, simply connect to the USA server of a VPN, and all the shows available there will be accessible to you.
Why My VPN’s not working with Amazon Prime Video?
The primary reason your VPN is not working with Amazon Prime Video is that it may have detected your actual location. There are different ways Amazon Prime Video employees detect the users that use VPNs to access its services. If a VPN leaks your data from the encrypted tunnel, your actual location will be revealed, which can result in Prime Video blocking its services from reaching you.
You can disconnect from the current server of the VPN and try connecting again with a different server with a new IP address. Moreover, you should also try clearing your browser and cache to ensure no old data can be used to track your real location.
Below, you will find some tips to fix the problem of your VPN not working with Amazon Prime Video;
- Try connecting to a different server.
- Change the current VPN protocol and then connect to the server again.
- Using the Smart DNS feature may help you with it.
- Try clearing the browser’s cache and cookies.
- Use another device to unblock Prime Video.
- Try contacting customer support and let them help you.
How to select the Best Amazon Prime VPN?
It is essential to choose the best Prime Video VPN that can help you access its extensive content catalog with ease. There are some pointers you should always look for in a VPN, knowing it’s the best one for you. Especially if you are looking for a VPN for streaming purposes, it has to be fast and provide stable speeds for a good experience. Moreover, a vast server network also comes in handy to access multiple content catalogs on Amazon Prime Video.
Here are some aspects you should look for in the best VPN for Amazon Prime Video;
- Able to bypass Amazon Prime block: The first thing you need in an Amazon Prime VPN is its ability to bypass geo-restrictions it imposes on its content in different countries because of licensing issues.
- Ultra-fast Speeds: If speeds are not good, you will be forced to quit a VPN yourself. This is why you must ensure to get a VPN that provides stable speeds with a fast connection.
- Extensive server coverage: If the server network is quite limited, you will not be able to access the content catalog of Prime Video in most countries. You should always get a VPN with extensive server coverage.
- Multiple US servers: As Amazon Prime Video has the greatest content catalog in the US, you should look for a VPN with multiple US servers to help you access all its content with ease.
- Apps available for major platforms: It is crucial for a Prime Video VPN to offer apps for every major platform to help users get started within no time.
- Strong security: Lastly, besides its top-notch unblocking abilities, a VPN must offer cutting-edge security to keep you safe while you browse the internet.
How to Sign Up for Amazon Prime?
The best way to sign up for Amazon Prime Video is by smartphone or through its official website. However, if you reside in a country where some of the content of Amazon Prime is blocked because of geo-restrictions, you can connect to the best VPN for Amazon Prime. For the tutorial, I used ExpressVPN.
Sign Up for Amazon Prime Video on your smartphones
- Go to the Play Store or the App Store on your smartphone.
- Search for the Amazon Prime Video app.
- Download and install its app on your smartphone.
- Click on “Start your free trial” and follow the instructions to create your account.
- That is all! Enjoy watching your favorite movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime.
Sign Up for Amazon Prime Video on your browser
- Visit the official website of Disney Plus.
- Click on “Start your free 30-day trial”.
- Enter your information, such as your email address and password.
- Sign in and watch your favorite movies and TV shows on Amazon Prime Video.
Note: If you want to access a TV show or movie that is not available on your Amazon Prime catalog, you can use a VPN. For instance, you can connect to the ExpressVPN US server to access a movie that is not available on your Amazon Prime but is accessible in the US.
How Much Does Amazon Prime Cost?
Currently, you can get an Amazon Prime membership at $14.99 per month and $139 per year. The Amazon Prime Video member is currently $8.99 per month.
You should know that the subscription fee for Amazon Prime is different from Amazon Prime Video. The costs may vary depending on which country you reside in; this is why you should check before subscribing to yourself as well.
Can I use a free VPN for Amazon Prime Video?
Yes, you can use a free VPN, but we do not recommend it. Moreover, it is extremely difficult or nearly impossible to look for a free VPN that is strong enough to bypass the geo-restrictions on Amazon Prime Video, as the service is constantly implying new ways to catch users who use VPNs.
Moreover, the streaming quality is poor with a free VPN on Prime Video because of buffering and lagging issues. The experience gets so worse that users are forced to quit it themselves. What good is a VPN if it ruins your streaming experience?
Also, have you ever thought about how free VPN service providers make money if they don’t charge anything from you? They end up selling your data to third parties on the internet, which can be used to show you intrusive ads that are super annoying.
This is why you should always go for premium VPNs. The ones that are mentioned above can help you get instant access to Amazon Prime Video without any blockages. However, the recommended VPN for Prime Video is ExpressVPN because of a range of reasons. You always see regular updates being made on ExpressVPN, which is why it is the best VPN for Amazon Prime Video.
FAQs – The Best VPN for Amazon Prime Video
Which VPN works best For Amazon Prime?
The list of the VPNs we provided above includes ExpressVPN, Surfshark, NordVPN, CyberGhost, and FastestVPN, all work for Amazon Prime. However, our top recommendation is ExpressVPN, as it has proven itself as the best Amazon Prime Video VPN in the market.
Does free VPN work on Amazon Prime?
A free VPN can work on Amazon Prime, but it is not recommended at all. Based on the reviews we got from the people using free VPN to access Prime Video were not great at all. The streaming experience was quite poor and full of buffering. Moreover, it is excruciating to find a free VPN strong enough to bypass Amazon Prime geo-blocks because the service uses some tough geo-blocks that cannot be penetrated that easily.
Which country, Amazon Prime, is best?
When it comes to the Amazon Prime Video content catalog, it is different in every country because of licensing issues. However, if you are looking for an extensive content catalog of Prime Video, I would recommend US Amazon Prime Video because it has a great number of movies and TV shows available for you to stream.
How do I trick my location on Amazon Prime?
The best way to trick your location on Amazon Prime Video is by using a VPN. A VPN can hide your real IP address and enable you to connect to another one of its IP addresses preferred by you. For instance, if you connect to the US server of the VPN, you will be able to trick Amazon Prime into thinking you are trying to access its services by being in the US.
Does Amazon block VPNs?
Yes, Amazon does block VPNs. If Amazon catches a user trying to access its services using a VPN or a proxy service, the user will be blocked.
How do I watch Amazon Prime videos not available in my location?
The best way to watch Amazon Prime Video unavailable in your location is by using a VPN. A VPN can make you appear as someone in a country where the content you want to watch is available. It masks your real l
Does ExpressVPN work with Amazon Prime?
Yes! ExpressVPN works perfectly with Amazon Prime. In fact, it is the best Amazon Prime Video VPN in the VPN industry.
Is VPN for Amazon Prime illegal?
Amazon Prime Video states that the use of VPN is against their terms and conditions. However, it is not illegal at all, which means you can use it.
You can find an amazing content catalog on Amazon Prime Video; however, it is restricted according to which country you reside in. So, if you want to watch an extensive content catalog, the best VPN for Amazon Prime will be necessary, such as ExpressVPN.
Why ExpressVPN? It has been consistent with unblocking Amazon Prime Video with ease and has been providing stable speeds with a fast connection. If you need to know anything else, feel free to drop by in the comments section, and I will get back to you asap!