It’s time to enjoy the ever-expanding Disney Plus Originals and what better way to enjoy them than on your Fire TV device? This guide highlights all you need to know on how to watch Disney Plus on Firestick. Keep reading to know more.
Launched in November 2019, users take Disney Plus by storm. Within merely two years, they are now entertaining a huge user-base that stretches beyond 130 million subscribers.
These are the users from specific regions as Disney plus is a geo-restricted streaming service. Just imagine that if the service was available worldwide, the subscriber count would reach billions!
Disney Plus is available on almost all popular devices, including the plug-and-play Firestick TV. This blog is all about how to watch Disney Plus on Firestick, even if you have little or no knowledge about this before.Get VPN Now
A little walk through of Disney Plus
Despite the presence of streaming giants such as Netflix where you can get great suspense movies and TV shows, or Amazon Prime Video known for its classic content, calling Disney Plus the best streaming service of 2022 would not be wrong.
With Disney Plus you can smoothly watch the popular Marvel series like Iron Man, Avengers, Loki, Shang-Chi, and much more.
It is also a home of Pixar animations, National Geographic documentaries, and Star War movies.
Alongside all these, Disney Plus exclusive productions like Fantasia and the Jungle Book will be available to stream. I will say Disney Plus is a comprehensive package of family entertainment.
With a huge library of content, affordable pricing is like a magnet for those who are looking for quality entertainment at home.
That’s enough of the talk; let’s get to the real meal. So to watch the Disney Plus on Firestick, the very first thing is to install the Disney Plus app on Firestick.
Being a geo-restricted service, you won’t be able to stream Disney plus if you are living outside the US and certain other regions. However, with the help of a VPN, you can get a hand on Disney plus streaming services from unsupported regions.
I would recommend you to try FastestVPN and connect it to a US server to bypass all the Disney Plus geo-restrictions. Of course, if you’re already using the VPN and Disney Plus is not working, there are a few things you can do about it or to fix the issue.
How to install Disney Plus on Firestick
Depending on your region, the Disney Plus app may or may not be available to you. Like if you are from the US, the app will be available to download right from the Firestick app store.
On the other hand, if you are outside of the US, then most probably, you will not be able to install the Disney Plus app from the App Store. In this guide, we’ve covered everything to make it as comprehensive as possible.
Install Disney+ on Firestick Using the Amazon App Store
- Turn on the Firestick and pick the remote
- Go to the Firestick Home
- Now move towards the Find tab; when it highlights, press enter on your remote
- Go to the Search option and open it
- Start typing Disney plus or select it from the results when it appears
- Here you will see the Disney plus icon; open it
- It will take you to the download page of Disney plus
- Click on the GET option, and downloading will start
- Now, wait for a few seconds until the installation process completes
- Now launch the app and Log in to the account
Install Disney Plus on Firestick Using Downloader app
This method requires enabling Unknown Sources from the setting of Firestick:
- So go to the Firestick Home and open setting
- There you will find an option MY Fire TV; open it
- Choose the Developer option from the list
- In the Developer option, you will find the APP from Unknown Sources option; turn it on if it’s not already
As we enabled the unknown sources now, you can download and install the Downloader app
- Now head back to the Home and Search Downloader through the Find tab
- Results will appear, select the first app from the list and open it
- On this page, you will find the GET option, click on it, and download will start
- After the installation process, open the app
- A popup window will appear, click on Allow and then OK to continue
- The downloader app will open where on the right, it will be asked to Enter a URL
- Enter the following URL: apkmirror.com. A website will open having a search bar on its top right corner.
- Type Disney+ and then hit Next
- You will see that the apk mirror will show you various versions. Choose the latest one and click on it.
- It will take you to the next page; just look for DOWNLOAD APK and smash on it.
- Once it completes the download, a box will appear. There just hit the download button
- That’s it. Within no time, the app will be available ready to launch.
Don’t have a Disney plus account? Create it by following the steps below.
Note: If you are from a region where it is not supported, it is recommended to use VPN and connect to a US server while creating the Disney+ account.
You May Also Like – How to Watch Disney Plus on Kodi in a Few Simple Steps
Sign up for Disney+
- Open the app or the website and tap the Sign Up
- Type the email address and password
- Next, select the subscription type
- Provide the payment information
You will also receive an account activation email. That’s it; now you can start watching.
For the Disney Plus pricing, they are offering competitive prices. You can buy a plan that will include Disney+ Only subscription or the Disney Bundle (Disney+, Hulu, and ESPN+). A Disney+ only plan comes with a price tag of $7.99/month, while Disney Bundle costs $13.99/month.
The prices are pretty great; however, Disney Plus has announced an ad-supported version of Disney+, which is expected to launch later this year.
Can I watch Disney Plus in 4K resolution on Firestick?
You will only be able to watch 4k if your Firestick TV device supports the 4K resolutions. So, if you want to watch movies in crystal clear 4K resolution, be sure that your FireTV supports 4K. Like if we take the example of Fire TV Stick Lite, it does not offer 4K streaming, while Fire TV Stick 4K is compatible with HD to 4K UHD TVs.
Compared to the starting days, now the user can easily install the Disney+ app on Firestick. Anyway, I have covered both ways to install the Disney+ app from the Amazon store as well as using a sideload method. So nothing will hinder you from watching Disney+ on Firestick.
If you have digested the whole above information, now what are you waiting for? Go ahead, use the guide above on how to watch Disney Plus on Firestick TV, install the app and then start streaming.