Disney Plus is home to the best movies and TV shows, but it’s also among some of the heavily geo-restricted streaming services. To unblock or watch Disney Plus outside the US and its territories, you need the best Disney Plus VPN. Right now, in 2022, ExpressVPN is the best VPN for Disney+. It’s secure, fast, and has optimized Disney Plus VPN servers to access the streaming service from anywhere in the world.
This guide will show you a list of the best VPNs for Disney Plus, how to sign up for the service outside the US, and how to pay for it and watch it globally. We’ve also covered free Disney Plus VPNs, just in case you’d like to test those out.
Table of Contents
- Best VPN for Disney Plus – Quick list
- Quick guide – How to watch Disney+ with a VPN
- Why do you need the best VPN for Disney Plus
- 5 Best VPNs for Disney Plus 2022 – Detailed Guide
- Unblock Disney Plus with the best VPN on supported devices
- Which countries is Disney Plus available in?
- Disney Plus VPN not working – Troubleshooting guide
- How to choose the best Disney Plus VPN
- Signing up for Disney+ with a VPN
- How much does Disney+ cost?
- Can I use a free VPN for Disney Plus?
- To conclude
Disney Plus is not available everywhere in the world. With a VPN for Disney+, you can unblock the service in countries where it’s not available. For instance, by connecting to an ExpressVPN Disney Plus server, you can unblock the service in the UK, Philippines, Malaysia, and Singapore.
Best VPN for Disney Plus – Quick list
- ExpressVPN is our top choice and offers a vast list of servers to unblock many Disney+ regional libraries. The speeds are some of the fastest and come with Smart DNS MediaStreamer technology to access the service on devices that don’t support VPN apps.
- Surfshark is the best VPN for Disney Plus for larger families. Connect to optimized servers in its list of 3200+ servers and unblock Disney+ outside the US. Allows unlimited device connections, a free trial and a risk-free money-back guarantee.
- NordVPN is one of the best Disney Plus VPN. It offers over 5500+ servers, most of which are optimized to unblock Disney content abroad. Comes with a free trial and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- CyberGhost is a user-friendly VPN to unblock Disney Plus. Connect to any of its Disney VPN servers within its list of 6000+ servers. It comes with multiple free trials for numerous devices. Don’t like the service? There’s a 45-day money-back guarantee.
- FastestVPN is our most affordable option for a Disney Plus VPN. It’s reliable, unblocks Disney content and allows up to 10 multi-device connections. Need a VPN to unblock the Disney Plus website? FastestVPN offers a free Chrome extension.
Quick guide – How to watch Disney+ with a VPN
For this quick tutorial, we’ve used ExpressVPN as the best choice to unblock Disney Plus. Here’s how:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN . Create your account and choose a payment method.
- Download and install the VPN. Get the ExpressVPN app for Disney Plus on a supported device.
- Launch the Disney Plus VPN. Sign in to your account.
- Connect to a server. We recommend the US server, but you can choose one based on what Disney regional library you want access to.
- Open Disney+. Either sign in or create your account.
- Start streaming with the best VPN for Disney Plus.
What’s great about ExpressVPN and other providers on the list is that you can use the same VPN and access other geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world.
Why do you need the best VPN for Disney Plus
Disney+ used to be geo-restricted and only accessible in the US, but now there are some countries that can get access to the content. For instance, you can access Disney Plus in the United States, Canada, Australia, the UK, and a couple of European countries, but not if you step out. For this reason, and to access other Disney regional libraries, you need the best Disney Plus VPN.
If you’re anywhere outside the US or countries where the streaming service is available, you’d see the Disney Plus Error code message:
However, using the best VPN for Disney Plus, you’ll be able to change your IP address, mask it, and replace it with a virtual VPN server of the location Disney Plus is actively available.
5 Best VPNs for Disney+ 2022 – Detailed Guide
There are a lot of VPNs that claim to work with Disney Plus, but not all are reliable. There are currently a few providers that are good, but we’ve tested and listed only 5 VPNs that are the best for Disney Plus.
ExpressVPN is number one on our list, and is currently our top choice for best Disney Plus VPN. Other than that, we’ve listed 4 other providers that are also great. Here are a few details on what makes these providers the best Disney Plus VPNs in 2022:
ExpressVPN tops the list for the Best VPNs for Disney Pus for plenty of reasons. It is always known as an expensive VPN, but it’s truly much more than meets the eye. It’s currently the best VPNs for Disney Plus that offers around 3000+ servers in 94 countries. There’s even a large cut of US servers in the list that are great for not just Disney, but numerous other streaming services. Keeping in mind the security and unblocking capabilities it provides, paying a bit extra does not hurt.
The security aspect of the VPN highlights Split tunneling, AES 256-Bit encryption, and IP spoofing. All this and more is why ExpressVPN is the best to watch Disney Plus. Even if you feel like the VPN is too expensive, there’s a free trial and 30-day money-back guarantee that you can use.
Since there cannot be two spots on number one, we placed Surfshark second on our list for the best VPN for Disney Plus. Surfshark is diverse, user-friendly, and unblocks Disney+ from almost every country around the world. Within its list of 3200+ servers, there are around 1500+ servers optimized for Disney Plus.
In fact, the VPN even works with Hulu and other streaming services. The speeds are fast and the added bonus are its security features to protect you online. So, if you’d like to test the VPN and attempt to unblock Disney Plus with Surfshark, you can even use its free trial and the 30-day money-back guarantee to get started.
NordVN also makes it to the list for the best Disney Plus VPNs for a number of reasons. It offers around 5500+ servers in 60 countries, all of which are optimized to access the best streaming services. Within its list, there are optimized Disney Plus VPN servers that you can connect to for smooth access.
The best part about the VPN is that it offers Smart Play technologies that you can use for devices that don’t support VPN apps. This way you’d be able to unblock Disney Plus with a VPN in countries where it’s not available.
On the discussion of online protection while streaming on Disney, NordVPN is one of the best for security, so consider your IP masked. Need to test the VPN? You can use its free trial or hack one using the 30-day money-back guarantee.
With over 8000+ servers, you’ll find that the CyberGhost app features speciallized Disney Plus servers. We tested the VPN and not only were able to unblock Disney+, but numerous other streaming services. You can always switch between its servers to unblock Disney+ UK and other libraries.
What we love about CyberGhost is that the VPN also unblocks Disney Plus on Firestick, Kodi, Roku, smartphones and other compatible platforms. You can use its free trials to run some tests or jump into its huge 45-day money-back guarantee by hacking a trial.
FastestVPN has not gained the attraction it deserves. It’s not only an extremely budgeted provider, but is known for its security protection and access to some of the best streaming services.
FastestVPN might only have 550+ servers in 52+ locations, but all of them work when we tested it out. It not only works with Disney+, but other services like ZEE5, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and others. Despite having an affordable plan, FastestVPN allows up to 10 multi-device connections. There’s no free trial, but you could always use its 15-day risk-free money-back guarantee.
Unblock Disney+ with the best VPN on supported devices
Now that you have the best Disney Plus VPNs, you should now know how to use the VPN you went with and download or install it on a supported device. Using a Disney Plus VPN varies on different streaming devices. You can enjoy the Disney Plus streaming service on a variety of devices, some of which include:
- Android Devices
- iOS Devices
- Firestick (Watch Disney Plus on Firestick)
- Roku (Watch Disney Plus on Roku)
- Apple TV
- Kodi (Watch Disney Plus on Kodi)
- and more.
How to watch Disney+ on Android with a VPN
It’s very easy to download a Disney Plus VPN on your Android phone. Here’s how:
- Go to the Google Play Store.
- Look for the Disney+ VPN.
- Download the VPN on your device.
- Launch the VPN, and sign in.
- Connect to a US server or any Disney Plus VPN server you require.
- Unblock Disney+.
How to watch Disney+ on iOS with a VPN
It’s almost the same as getting the best VPN for Disney+ on your Android. Here’s how:
- Go to the App Store.
- Look for the VPN app.
- Download it on your device.
- Launch the Disney+ VPN and sign in.
- Connect to a US server and download the Disney app.
- Sign in and start streaming.
Watch Disney+ on devices that don’t support VPN apps
Just in case you’re using a device that does not support VPN apps, you can get the Disney Plus VPN on your router and extend the connection to it. Here’s how:
- Install the Disney Plus VPN on your router.
- Connect to the best server or a US one.
- Plug your TV to your streaming stick and connect to the Wi-Fi VPN router.
- Start streaming.
Which countries is Disney Plus available in?
Launched back in 2019, Disney+ is now available in over 106 countries globally. You’ll find this streaming service scattered across North America, Asia/Pacific, Europe, Latin American and Africa. However, if your country does not fall on this list, you could always use the best VPN to access it. For instance, to watch it in your country, all you need to do is subscribe to ExpressVPN, connect to a US server and unblock the service there. Here are some tutorials on:
Disney Plus VPN not working – Troubleshooting guide
If Disney Plus is not working for you with a VPN, there are a few fixes you can try:
- If you’re using a browser to stream Disney+, then clear your cookies and cache, restart the VPN and start again.
- Change VPNs.
- Switch between Disney Plus VPN servers.
- Change protocols until one works the best.
- Check your internet connection.
- Restart the router or modem.
How to choose the best Disney+ VPN
If you’re wondering how to choose the best VPN for Disney+, here’s what you should be looking for:
- Optimized Disney+ VPN servers.
- Fast speeds and unlimited bandwidth.
- AES 256-bit encryption and industry-leading protocols.
- Apps for Disney Plus VPN supported devices.
- Zero logs
- Multi-device connections.
- Free trial and refund period
- Router support
How to sign up for Disney Plus with a VPN
The best and easiest ways to sign up for Disney+ is through the mobile app or through the website via browser. If, however, you’re outside a Disney+ accessible region, you can easily sign up for the service using one of the best Disney+ VPN services on the list above. For this tutorial, we’ve used ExpressVPN. Let’s get started:
Sign up for Disney Plus with VPN on mobile devices
- Open the preferred app store on your mobile
- Get the ExpressVPN app, sign in and connect to a US server.
- Now, download the Disney Plus app
- Launch the app and click on “SIGN UP NOW.”
- Enter your email address and a password.
- Buy the app.
- Sign in to your account and that’s all!
Sign up for Disney+ with VPN via browser
- Get the ExpressVPN extension and connect to a US server.
- Go to www.disneyplus.com
- Click on “SIGN UP NOW.”
- Enter your email address and a password.
- Select and apply your payment method.
- Once you’ve signed up, start streaming.
How much does Disney+ cost?
Paying for an ad-free streaming service is not that frustrating, especially when the streaming site is powered by the world’s biggest entertainer Disney. Disney Plus costs around:
- $7.99 per month.
- $79.99 a year.
You can also go for a bundled package that lets you connect with Hulu and ESPN+ with Disney Plus. If you avail of this package, then that’ll cost you $19.99/mo.
Can I use a free VPN for Disney+?
You can use a free Disney Plus VPN, but it’s not something we’d recommend. Free VPNs in general are risky business. They come with fewer servers than we’d like, and are not always encrypted. With that in mind, there are high chances that your IP address won’t remain hidden or masked.
This means that Disney+ can easily detect that you’re trying to access the service with an IP address that’s not permissible. On the other hand, the speeds are slower than you’d bargain for, the providers log data, and they don’t offer apps for Disney supported devices.
However, if you’re still looking for a free VPN for Disney+ for a limited time and one that comes highly recommended, I’d suggest Windscribe. Windscribe is a free VPN that happens to work with Disney Plus. Although some users mention that the servers don’t always unblock Disney and other geo-restricted streaming services. You could still give it a try.
Which VPN works for Disney+?
Currently ExpressVPN is the best choice to unblock Disney+. Other alternatives are Surfshark, ExpressVPN, CyberGhost and FastestVPN. These VPNs are the best and work for Disney Plus because they have optimized servers, offer HD and 4K streams, support multiple devices and are secure.
Does Disney Plus work with a VPN?
Yes, Disney Plus works with a VPN and from any country. It allows you to change your IP address and connect to a Disney+ VPN server to access it. However, not every provider works, and for that, we recommend ExpressVPN and the other 4 providers on the list.
Which free VPN is the best for Disney Plus?
Currently, Windscribe is the best free VPN for Disney Plus. Just in case it doesn’t work for you, we’d suggest using a premium VPN during its free trial or hack one during the money-back guarantee. However, I recommend going for a premium VPN such as ExpressVPN to have a hassle-free and smooth experience.
Does Disney Plus block VPNs?
Yes, Disney Plus does block some VPNs. The service comes with regional licensing agreements around the content offered on each library. So, make sure the VPN you use is the best and goes undetected.
Can you watch Disney+ with a VPN?
Yes, you can watch Disney Plus from abroad with a VPN for it. Simply connect to the VPN and to a server in a Disney+ location. This will change your IP address, mask it, and allow you to unblock the service.
Why is Disney Plus not working with a VPN?
Even if you use a VPN for Disney+, there are times it won’t work. If your data or IP is leaking even after being connected, you could opt for another provider. The VPN you should not leak your data, otherwise you’d see the Error Code 22 or 73, preventing you from unblocking the streaming service. However, nothing to be alarmed about, this mostly happens with free VPNs.
Does any VPN work with Disney Plus?
Yes, ExpressVPN works with Disney+ Hotstar, and so does Surfshark and ExpressVPN. Each of these Disney+ VPNs bring uniqueness to the table.
What country is the best for Disney Plus?
If you’re looking for the best movies, Disney Plus Australia has a good selection. But, if you’re looking for the largest content library, Disney+ in the United States is the best.
Is it legal to use a VPN for Disney Plus?
Yes, it’s legal to use a VPN for Disney Plus. There are no such penalties associated to the service if you use a VPN with it. However, make sure you check the laws of the country you live in.
Does a VPN let me watch Disney Plus for free?
No, a VPN does not let you watch Disney Plus for free. It does give you access but, you/ll still have to pay for the service by buying a subscription.
What is the best Disney Plus VPN reddit?
The best VPN for Disney Plus Reddit users recommend is ExpressVPN, Surfshark, and NordVPN. If you’re looking for suitable servers to connect to, you should try out Chicago, Dallas, Miami, Canada, and New Zealand.
Does NordVPN work with Disney+?
Yes, NordVPN is one of the best and most reliable VPNs for Disney Plus. It’s secure, offers optimized servers, fast speeds and unblocks Disney from anywhere in the world.
You now have a list of the best Disney Plus VPN services in 2022. Of course, not all providers are the best, and some work inconsistently, which depends on a number of factors. For starters, the server you connect with is placed far away from your physical location.
All in all, these best VPNs are also a ticket to hack a Disney Plus free trial from any country around the world. You might be tempted to stream with a free VPN, and even though I recommended Windscribe, it comes with limited bandwidth. You’d hardly be able to catch many movies or TV shows. It’s a fact that free VPNs aren’t as good as paid options. However, even paid options are unreliable, which is why we tested and listed only 5 of the best.