Need to add Disney Plus to your Amazon Firestick? Well, you’re in luck! I’ll be showing you how to install Disney Plus on your Fire device in a few simple steps.
What is Disney Plus?
Before jumping straight into how to install Disney Plus on your Fire device, let’s first get you a little acquainted with this streaming giant.
Disney Plus is one of the most on-demand streaming services with the most downloads, available on the Amazon Store. The best part about it, since its launch, is that this streaming giant is now available on Amazon devices.
You’ll find Disney Plus head in line with some of the world’s leading streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime. Adding it to your Firestick device is just the cherry on top, providing you the most thrilling streaming experience in 4K HD quality.
However, to get the Disney Plus experience on your Firestick, you’re going to need to run through a few steps, installing it in no time.
How to install Disney Plus on your Firestick/Fire TV device
Before anything else, you should know that although downloading the Disney Plus app may be completely free, you’ll still need to pay a fee for signing up for the service itself. It’ll cost you around $6.99/mo. and a bundle offer for access to Disney Plus, ESPN, and Hulu for $12.99/mo.
So, let’s get started with the Disney Plus installation tutorial:
- Launch your Firestick device and on the top left of the screen, click on the search icon (magnifying glass).
- Type in “Disney Plus” and choose it from the list.
- Once you click on it, select the Disney Plus option under “Apps and Games”.
- Now, click on “Get”.
- Once you’ve clicked on “Get”, wait a while for the Disney Plus app to download.
- After it downloads, click on “Open” to launch the app.
- You can also head back to your home screen and add the Disney Plus app where you please. A place that’s easier for you to access.
- To find the app, you’ll see a “See All” sign under “Your apps and channels”. Click on it.
- You will see the Disney Plus app, click on it to launch.
- That’s about it. Now you either use the 7-day free trial or sign in to your account if you have a subscription.
Something to note
For those who haven’t yet signed up for the Disney Plus service, you should know that this streaming app is only available in selective regions. You’ll find it in the US, Canada, Netherland, New Zealand, Australia, Puerto Rico, India, parts of Europe, and now the UK.
If you’re living anywhere outside these locations, you’ll probably have to use the best VPN to unblock Disney Plus.
Once you’ve signed up, proceed to download it on your Firestick or other fire devices. Using the same method of installation mentioned above, you can also use the same steps for Fire TV Cube and Firestick 4K.
How to sign in to your Disney account on Firestick
It’s not a major deal, trust me. All you have to do is:
- Download the Disney Plus app on your Firestick
- If you don’t have an account, go for the 7-day free trial.
- Or, simply sign in with the same email and password used to create the account.
- That’s all! If you don’t have an account yet, and plan on using the 7-day free trial, you’ll receive a few options along with it. You’ll be asked to choose a suitable payment package to continue with, once your free trial ends.
- It looks something like this:
What features come with a Disney Plus subscription?
- Firestick support
- Unblock unlimited Disney originals and more
- 4K UHD and HDR support
- HDR 10 and Dolby Vision support
- Allows up to 4 simultaneous connections
- Offline viewing and download storage
What other devices besides Firestick is compatible with Disney Plus?
Besides being a great streaming service for Amazon Firestick, Disney Plus is compatible with other devices and operating systems, such as Android TV, iOS, Apple TV, Xbox, PS4, Chromecast, Roku, and Sky.
Disney Plus is relatively new to the streaming family but it most certainly isn’t far behind in taking over. Firstly, the Disney Plus subscription is much cheaper when compared to most streaming services, and the best part is, installing it on your Firestick device makes it all the more thrilling! If you carefully follow through with the tutorial above, you’ll be inside in no time!