In this blog, I will show you how to watch and install IPTV on Roku. IPTV is a contemporary concept of streaming content without expensive cable subscriptions. You just need a subscription from an IPTV service provider and in return you can access and watch unlimited live TV channels, movies, TV shows, news, entertainment and a lot more.
If you have a Roku device, then you can sideload IPTV on Roku to watch and enjoy maximum live content on your smart TV. However, IPTV is not officially available in the Roku Channel Store, therefore, you will need some extra steps to get IPTV on Roku.
However, these additional steps are not complex, you have to read this blog carefully to understand the method, and process requirements and easily install and watch IPTV on your Roku device.
Table of Contents
- What is IPTV?
- How to Install and Watch IPTV on Roku3?
- How to Watch IPTV on Roku Via Screen Mirroring
- How to Watch IPTV on Roku by Mirroring iPhone
- How to Use IPTV Smarters on Roku to Watch IPTV Movies and TV Shows
- How to Safely use IPTV Smarters on Roku?
- Is IPTV legal on Roku?
- FAQs- IPTV on Roku
- Wrapping Up
What is IPTV?
IPTV, or Internet Protocol Television Service allows you to access and watch live TV channels with your internet connection. IPTV service is much more superior compared to your typical cable TV subscription.
With IPTV, you can enjoy on-demand TV, and all live channels come in HD quality, so compromising visual quality is out of the question.
You can install IPTV on numerous devices like Android, iOS, Linux, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku. However, setting up IPTV on your device will need you to have a set-top box. But, when you install IPTV on Roku, then nothing like that is required.
How to Install and Watch IPTV on Roku
Here is a step-by-step tutorial on installing IPTV on Roku. As mentioned above, IPTV is not available in the Roku channel store. Therefore, you cannot directly install it on a Roku device, instead you have to sideload IPTV on Roku.
Moreover, in case you’re using media players like MX Player, IPTV Smarters or TiviMate, then you can also stream IPTV on Roku by casting your Roku device. With such media players, you can stream and watch lots of IPTV channels from numerous IPTV services.
Here’s how to install IPTV on Roku by jailbreaking your Roku device:
Step 1: Enable Developer Options on Roku
- Open your Roku player
- On your Roku remote, press Home button 3X, then press Up button 2X, press right button 1X, press left button 1X, press right button 1X, Press left button 1X, then press right button 1X
- Now, on your Roku TV screen you’ll see developer options menu
- Type in the IP address you see on the screen
- Select Enable installer and restart
- Scroll down and click agree
- Create and enter a web server password
- Click where you see set password and reboot.
Step 2: Add IPTV Smarters on Roku
Once you enable developer options on your Roku device, the 2nd step is to add IPTV Smarters on Roku. Here’s how to do it:
- On your computer, visit my.roku.com
- Sign in your Roku account using your credentials
- Reach to Manage account section and click Add channel with a code
- Type IPTV Smaters in the search field
- A warning message will appear on your screen. Click OK, then click Yes, ad channel.
Step 3: Download IPTV Smarters Package on your TV
In the third step, I will show you the method to download IPTV Smarters file on your computer. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch your web browser, and head to https://www.smarters.shop/iptv-smarters-roku/.
- Select the option for Download package
- Download and save the package in a folder of your choice
Steps 4: Install IPTV on Roku
This is the last and the final step in which I will show you the required steps to install IPTV Smaters on Roku. Here’s how to do it:
- On your computer, head to the address bar and paste the IP address of your Roku device that you noted in the above steps
- You will now see a sign-in screen, type rokudev as your username. In the password section, type in the webserver password that you created earlier. Now, click sign in.
- Next, click Upload on the Development Application Installer page
- Locate where you save the IPTV Smarters package, open the folder and upload
- After uploading the file, click Install
- Return to your Roku device, and now you should see IPTV Smarters on your Roku screen
- Login to the IPTV Smarters account on Roku, and watch your favorite content easily.
How to Watch IPTV on Roku Via Screen Mirroring
Besides the above-mentioned method, you can also watch IPTV on Roku by another method called the screen mirroring method. To use this method, you need to install an IPTV app on your main device. i.e., mobile phone, iOS device or Windows PC then cast IPTV content on your Roku device. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn on your Roku device
- Connect your Roku device and phone with the same network
- Head to the Google Play Store on your phone and find Smart IPTV app
- Install IPTV on your phone
- Open IPTV app on your phone and access IPTV account using your credentials
- Open Settings on your mobile and select when you see Connection and Sharing
- Enable the Cast option
- Select your Roku device from the available device list
- Connect your mobile to Roku by clicking on Accept or Always Accept
- Now, your mobile display will also appear on your Roku TV. Open the IPTV app on your mobile and watch its content on Roku TV.
Note: Android devices have a by default screen mirroring method to content and watch IPTV on Roku TV.
How to Watch IPTV on Roku by Mirroring iPhone
Just like Android phones, you can also mirror the iPhone screen on Roku to watch IPTV. Here’s how to do it:
- Launch Apple App Store and Install IPTV app
- Sign in to your IPTV account using your credentials
- Again, launch App Store to download mirror app for Roku
- Open the mirror for Roku app, and select your Roku device from the available list
- Select Allow Permission, and click on the Start Mirroring icon
- Select where you see Start Broadcast
- Now, your iPhone screen will display on your Roku TV. Open the IPTV app and stream your favorite content.
How to Use IPTV Smarters on Roku to Watch IPTV Movies and TV Shows
Here’s how you can use IPTV Smarters on Roku to watch IPTV movies and TV shows.
- From your Roku display screen, Press the Right Arrow button on your remote
- Navigate to IPTV Smarters app and press OK on your remote to launch the app
- Press Accept when you see the terms and conditions
- Insert your username, password and IPTV provider URL
- Select when you see a Login button
- That’s it! Now you can access and watch IPTV Smarters content on the Roku device.
How to Safely use IPTV Smarters on Roku?
The best way to safely stream content from IPTV Smarters on your Roku device is by using a VPN on your device. My top recommendation is ExpressVPN. It is the best VPN for streaming with highly optimized servers.
ExpressVPN uses top-notch encryption to conceal your online activities from your ISP, government and other third-parties.
You can anonymously stream whatever you want. However, the Roku device doesn’t support a VPN, but you can install ExpressVPN on the router to safely stream IPTV content on Roku.
Is IPTV legal on Roku?
Yes, IPTV is legal to stream on Roku. However, IPTV is not officially available in the Roku Channel Store. You can sideload it on Roku using this guide. IPTV offers various live TV channels to stream, not all channels are legal therefore, the best way to safely stream IPTV content on Roku is by connecting to a premium VPN service just like the ExpressVPN.
FAQs- IPTV on Roku
Does Roku have IPTV Smarters?
No. Roku doesn’t support IPTV Smarters. However, you can follow this guide to find steps to install IPTV Smarters on your Roku TV.
Is IPTV illegal?
Various IPTV services are absolutely legal to use. However, there are also IPTV services that don’t hold proper licensing and are illegal to use. Therefore, to avoid any legal issues, you must always connect to a VPN on your streaming device.
How do I get IPTV on Roku?
You can use the downloader app to sideload IPTV Smarters on Roku. Also, you can cast your mobile device on Roku to stream and watch IPTV content on Roku TV.
Can I play IPTV on my Roku TV?
Yes. In this guide, you can follow a step-by-step tutorial to play IPTV on your Roku TV.
That’s all about installing and watching IPTV on Roku. To watch IPTV content on Roku TV, you can either sideload IPTV Smarters app on Roku by sideloading the app with a downloader app, or use the mirror casting option of your mobile to watch IPTV content on Roku TV. If you have another method to install IPTV on Roku, then do tell us in the comments section below.