Being restricted with cord is an old form of entertainment, but the Amazon Fire TV Stick lets you get complete freedom from the cables and cords. It means that with an entertainment tool like Firestick, you can simply put your television inside the pocket.
All you need is connect your Fire TV Stick into your TV’s HDMI port and stream the world of channels anywhere around the world. Yes! It’s that easy.
Amazon Firestick made the modern streaming easy and accessible for all, but it doesn’t mean that you can get everything with it. You cannot watch geo-blocked content, to access unlimited geo-restricted content, you have to install ExpressVPN with your Firestick device.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Firestick?
Installing ExpressVPN on Firestick is easy and requires the following steps:
- Head over to Home Screen
- Click at the Magnifying glass icon at the top left corner to get the search bar
- Write ExpressVPN in the search bar and select the first available result
- Click at the “GET” button to install the ExpressVPN app
- After installation, click at “OPEN” button
- If you already have an account then Sign in
- Click ok and Setup ExpressVPN on Firestick
- Select the location button and choose your preferred server location
- You are connected with ExpressVPN Firestick.
By following all the instructions mentioned above you can setup ExpressVPN on Amazon Firestick.
Why you need ExpressVPN on Firestick?
ExpressVPN works well on Firestick and you should be using it because:
- It bypasses Censorship
- Gives 100% secure and private online browsing experience
- Unblocks major streaming sites like Netflix, Hulu
- Saves you from ISP Throttling.
Does ExpressVPN work on Firestick – First Generation?
No. The first-generation Amazon Fire TV devices don’t support VPN app. If you will try to get your VPN connected with a first-generation Fire TV device then soon you will lost your internet connection because of the device’s limitations. Fortunately, there are a few ways to get over the problem.
You can setup a VPN on your router and can stream anything with first-generation Firestick. See this guide to setup a VPN on the router.
Moreover, you can also subscribe to a VPN that provides Smart DNS proxies like ExpressVPN. With Smart DNS, you will not be able to encrypt your traffic neither you can hide your IP address. However, it will enable you to access Amazon Prime on FireStick, BBC iPlayer and Hulu.
How can I get the ExpressVPN Firestick APK?
Chances are you will not need to go through the entire process to get the ExpressVPN Firestick APK because ExpressVPN already offered an app that is specifically designed for the Amazon Fire TV devices.
The best thing is you can use this app on your second-generation and later versions of Fire Stick, Fire TV, and Fire TV Cube.
However, if you are still unable to find the ExpressVPN app for you, then you can also sideload the ExpressVPN APK on Firestick. Before installing the Expressvpn APK, make sure that your Firestick can install applications from unknown sources. Here’s how to install ExpressVPN APK:
- Head over Home Screen then Go to Settings, now Select My Fire TV/ Device
- Now Go to Developer Options
- Enable apps from unknown sources
Now, you can install the ExpressVPN app. You can use downloader app to install ExpressVPN app. In case, if you don’t have downloader app here’s how you can get the downloader app to install ExpressVPN app:
- Go to the Menu, click at the search icon and type Downloader
- The first suggestion will be the app name, Select it.
- Hit the INSTALL button to get the ExpressVPN app on Firestick
Once you get done with the installation, now launch the app.
In the next step, you have to install the APK file to download ExpressVPN. Here’s how to do it:
- Select your preferred browser from which you want to download APK files from
- Enter APK URL in the URL field and click at GO
- Now, ExpressVPN APK will start downloading
- Click to install
- Right after installation, Click at Done
- Select Delete to delete the APK to save space
- Now, the app will be added to your app list.
How to Use ExpressVPN App on Firestick?
Now, you have installed the ExpressVPN Firestick APK its time to access it on your device. Here’s how to do it:
First, you need to go to All My Apps then click at the Menu button, select Move and drag the app at home screen and click ok. Now, from your Fire TV Home Screen you can open the Express VPN app.
- Open ExpressVPN app
- Sign in and enter credentials
- Just after signing in, click OK to configure the app on Firestick
- Click OK again to approve Firestick connection request
- VPN app screen will appear now
- Tap to connect on your Fire TV.
Why My ExpressVPN Firestick Server Is Not Working?
In case, if the current ExpressVPN Firestick server is not working for you then you may switch the location. To do this, go to the Location Picker, and select any location available in the location list.
You will automatically find two tabs:
- ALL LOCATIONS.
You can select your desired location by clicking on it. If you want to add any location as your favourite then click at select button and hold for a second. Your favourite locations will now be added in a new tab.
- ExpressVPN for Firestick Review
ExpressVPN is a top choice for Fire TV Stick with various good reviews on the web. It offers 3000 servers optimizing in 94 countries and 160+ locations globally. Because of its wide server range, you will never face a connection drop.
How to Update ExpressVPN App on Firestick?
If you have installed the ExpressVPN APK then you cannot get automatic updates because it has been installed by the unknown sources.
You are required to keep a check on the updates own your own, and perform the entire APK process again that I mentioned above using a new APK. The whole process will remain same only the install button will now be appearing as the update button.
How to Update ExpressVPN App (Android and iOS)
In case, if you have installed the Android or iOS ExpressVPN App, then here’s how to update your ExpressVPN app on Firestick:
- Open Google Play Store or App Store on your Device
- Click at Search bar and search for ExpressVPN
- Open ExpressVPN app page and tap on update.
The Amazon Firestick works as an amazing streaming machine that lets you access whatever you want. But, you cannot access content that is geo-blocked. You can use ExpressVPN with Firestick to fulfil all your streaming needs. With ExpressVPN, you can not only unblock geo-blocked content, but it also protects your online activities from prying eyes on the web. All you need is to follow some simple steps mentioned above and install ExpressVPN on your Firestick device for a smooth and secure streaming experience.