By installing ExpressVPN on Kodi, you can expand your streaming opportunities to a new level. Check our guide on how to install ExpressVPN on Kodi. You must be wondering why you need a VPN on Kodi. Kodi is an open-source media player, and that’s the main reason to set up a Kodi VPN to avoid several inevitable security lapses which could be exploited by hackers.
Alert! Want to get hassle-free access to all streaming platforms on kodi? Get ExpressVPN now to connect to the best US servers and access worldwide library of geo-restricted content. Protect your privacy from prying eyes and prevent your anonymity from your ISP.
Official Kodi add-ons don’t have enough streaming options, therefore, users may want to try unofficial Kodi add-ons and that’s where the security risk increases.
These unofficial Kodi add-ons might contain malware that can potentially damage your device. If not, then you can also fall victim to streaming copyrighted content because many unofficial Kodi add-ons offer pirated content that you may not know about.
But your ISP and other legal authorities always keep a check on your online activities.
Fortunately, installing ExpressVPN on Kodi will save you from security scams, unnecessary ISP or government surveillance, and also from malicious add-ons.
When you use ExpressVPN on Kodi, it encrypts your traffic. With its top-notch encryption, it becomes impossible for ISPs, hackers and the government to intercept or read your connection.
Furthermore, a VPN on Kodi also makes you anonymous and bypasses geographical walls, that way you can safely unblock, and watch content that is available in specific locations only.
So far, ExpressVPN is the best Kodi VPN with 3000+ servers in 94+ countries.
Learn ExpressVPN installation on Kodi below.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Kodi Windows
There are two methods that you can follow to set up ExpressVPN on Kodi on your Windows devices. I will explain to you each method step-by-step. Firstly, let’s find out which of the two methods you can follow to install ExpressVPN on Kodi on a Windows device:
- Set Up ExpressVPN on Kodi with an App
- Install ExpressVPN on Kodi via OpenVPN Manager Add-on
Method 1: How to Set Up ExpressVPN on Kodi with an App
The easiest method to install ExpressVPN on Kodi is by using a dedicated app. Here are the required steps to use ExpressVPN on Kodi via a dedicated app:
- Firstly, you have to get an active ExpressVPN account by subscribing to it
- Now, download and install the VPN app on your Windows device
- Login into the VPN app using your credentials
- Select and connect to your preferred server location
- That’s it. Now you can launch and use Kodi with ExpressVPN on your Windows device.
Note: After installing ExpressVPN on Kodi make sure that the VPN is running in the background, otherwise you won’t be able to unblock geo-restricted content on Kodi. If it seems daunting to connect a VPN every time when using Kodi, then you can also install ExpressVPN on a router. Setting Up a VPN on a router saves you from the hassle of enabling VPN every time when you stream on Kodi.
Method 2: Install ExpressVPN on Kodi via OpenVPN Manager Add-on
To configure ExpressVPN on Kodi via OpenVPN Manager, simply install the OpenVPN manager add-on from the Zomboided Repository. This method is a bit technical and requires a few more configuration steps.
Here are the steps to follow to install ExpressVPN on Kodi with a VPN Manager add-on:
- Install the Zomboided Repository File on Windows
- Head to the Kodi settings
- Click System > Add-ons
- Turn on Unknown Sources, and click Yes
- Return to the Settings and Add-ons section
- Select Install from Zip File
- Select the downloaded Zomboided Repository zip
- After installation, select Install from Repository
- Next, click on the Zomboided Add-on Repository.
- Select Services > VPN Manager for OpenVPN.
- Click on the Install button
- Next, click on Settings
- Set ExpressVPN as your VPN Provider, and enter details
- Next, select VPN Connections > First VPN Connection on the same settings page
- Choose a server location and use Kodi with ExpressVPN to unblock geo-restricted content safely and anonymously.
How to install ExpressVPN on Kodi Android
Installing ExpressVPN on Kodi Android is very easy. It only requires a few steps to follow. Here’s how to do it:
- Sign up for ExpressVPN.
- Open up the VPN app on your Android device.
- Select a server location of your choice
- Launch your Kodi app, and stream whatever you want without geo-restrictions.
How to install ExpressVPN on Kodi iOS
To configure Kodi with ExpressVPN on iOS devices, here’s what you need to do:
- Head to the App Store, and download the ExpressVPN app.
- Launch the VPN app on your iOS device
- Connect to a server location.
- Launch the Kodi app and safely stream with ExpressVPN.
How to install ExpressVPN on Kodi Chromebook
To install ExpressVPN on Kodi using a Chromebook, you can follow the steps below:
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN
- Download and install the ExpressVPN app for Chromebook.
- Launch the app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a server location.
- Launch Kodi on your Chromebook and watch content under VPN protection.
How to Log Out from ExpressVPN for Kodi
Logging out from ExpressVPN on your Kodi device is extremely easy and requires only a few steps to be followed. Here’s how to do it:
- Open VPN Manager Home screen
- Select “Change or disconnect VPN Connection.”
- Click “Disconnect” and that’s it. You will log out from ExpressVPN on Kodi.
FAQs: Install ExpressVPN on Kodi
Can I use ExpressVPN on Kodi to unblock content?
Yes. It is easy to use ExpressVPN on Kodi to bypass geo-restrictions and access unlimited content safely and anonymously from anywhere.
Does ExpressVPN work with Kodi?
Yes, ExpressVPN works with Kodi. So far, it is one of the best VPNs for Kodi. With top-notch encryption, advanced security features, and 3000+ servers in 94 countries, ExpressVPN can unblock any content that you’re looking for to stream on Kodi.
How does ExpressVPN work with Kodi?
ExpressVPN uses military-grade encryption to hide your traffic from unnecessary ISP, or Government surveillance. In this way, all your traffic passes through a VPN tunnel and you can privately stream Kodi content. Moreover, with ExpressVPN you can also change your IP address by selecting a server location of your choice. That’s how ExpressVPN helps you to unblock Kodi region-restricted content.
Is it legal to use a Kodi VPN?
Yes, using a VPN with Kodi is absolutely safe and legal. A VPN encrypts your traffic and hides it from intruders and hackers. All in all, with a VPN you can safely and privately stream geo-blocked content on Kodi.
Does ExpressVPN come with Kodi installed?
No. ExpressVPN doesn’t come with Kodi software. You first have to install and set up Kodi on your device, then configure ExpressVPN for Kodi by following this guide.
On what devices can I get Kodi on?
You can get Kodi on various devices like Smartphones, computers, tablets, Smart TVs and gaming consoles. ExpressVPN offers supported apps for various devices, you can also install ExpressVPN on a router to enjoy VPN protection for Kodi on any device of your choice.
What are the best Kodi add-ons for sports streaming?
Fox Sports, NBC Sports, and Sportsnet are the best Kodi Add-ons for sports streaming. You can also find more sports Kodi add-ons by heading to the official Kodi website and search sports in the Add-ons section. This way, you will see all the available sports add-on on Kodi in one go.
Does ExpressVPN slow down Kodi?
It takes some time to encrypt your traffic and routes it through a VPN tunnel. In this process a VPN might slow down your connection speed. However, the speed drop will not be significant.
How do I quickly use ExpressVPN on Kodi?
To quickly use ExpressVPN on Kodi, simply subscribe to ExpressVPN, install the VPN app on your device, open up the app and login with your credentials, select a server location, and stream on Kodi with a VPN.
The best way to install or set up ExpressVPN on Kodi is by using a dedicated ExpressVPN app for Kodi. ExpressVPN is an excellent VPN for Kodi. With ExpressVPN installed on your Kodi device, you can stretch your streaming possibilities to the best. Hopefully, you will use this guide to use Kodi with ExpressVPN, and will safely unblock and stream content on Kodi.