Kodi is a platform that is already much popular and needs no introduction as all streaming buffs are well aware of it. Then there is FireStick. Yet another platform that yields as an excellent entertainment tool and is used globally.
So if both these major platforms are paired together it will become a premium streaming source with all of the world’s shows, movies and more just a single device away. And the best part is, that it really can be done too.
How To Install Kodi on FireStick in a Few Simple Steps
Install Kodi on Firestick and watch free video content from the comfort of your home. Read on for the two-minute guide to install the latest version of Kodi on the FireStick device. There are many complex solutions available over the internet, but don’t freak out. In actuality, it just takes 2 minutes really.
Follow the steps below to install Kodi on Firestick:
Kodi is an open source platform. Addons may or may not be geo-restricted. Regardless of the geo-restrictions, it is always advised to be connected to a VPN to avoid speed throttling, copyright agents and DMCA notices. Get internet freedom and security with FastestVPN.
- Plug-in your power button and turn ON FireStick device
- Launch Amazon Firestick
- Go to Settings > then Device
- Select Developers Option
- Enable ADB Debugging and Apps From Unknown Sources
- Back to Firestick Home
- Select Search icon > type “Downloader” (without quotes)
- Install Downloader App from the Amazon App Store
- Back to Firestick Home
- Go to Apps
- Launch Downloader
- Allow apps permissions [Read and Write permission]
- Type this address- https://www.koditvz.com/download/kodi/
- Wait for few minutes to download Kodi Krypton 17.6 Apk file (depend upon your internet speed).
- Select Install (there will be three options- Install, Delete & Cancel)
- Again select Install in the next menu
- Wait… Kodi 17.6 is being installed on your Firestick device
- Back to Firestick Home
- Go to Apps
- Launch Kodi App
Ta-da! That is literally all you need. Didn’t take a truckload of time, did it? Now install all the best Kodi addons and enjoy content on your FireStick with ease!
Some of the recommended Kodi addons:
- Aragon Live
- Neptune rising
- Genesis Reborn
Download and Install Kodi on FireStick with ES File Explorer app
ES File Explorer is a utility tool to manage downloading apps and such on Firestick. It can be used for Kodi to manage Kodi as well. To download and install Kodi on FireStick with ES file explorer app, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Amazon FireStick and go to Settings > Device > Developer Options
- Turn ON/enable “Apps from unknown sources” and “ADB Debugging”.
- Go to the main menu, click on the Search box and type ES Explorer.
- Select ES Explorer app
- Downloading and install it.
- Launch the ES Explorer app
- Click on add favorite from the top left corner
- A new window will appear, enter this URL: http://kodi.tv & click Next
- Enter a name for favorite e.g. Kodi12
- You will receive a confirmation, proceed by clicking on Add
- From the left menu panel, look for your recently created Kodi favorite and click on it.
- The Kodi page will display on preview side. Now click on Downloads
- Downloads page will load, scroll down and select ARM version for Android OS.
- Scroll down to the menu at the end of the page and click on Open in the browser
- Now, the Kodi download will start.
- Once the downloading is done, Open the downloaded file and then install Kodi
- Wait for few seconds for the installation to complete
We do not encourage the use of VPN to access illegal content. Be a good judge of your actions and do well yourself.
How to Install Kodi on FireStick with PC
You can install Kodi on FireStick with PC as well. The personal computer can be a Windows desktop or a Mac. Regardless of which device it is, you have a solution laid out step by step for all. We will first begin with Windows, as it is still the most commonly used system.
How to Install Kodi on FireStick on Windows
- First and foremost, go to Settings > System > Developer options on your FireStick
- enable ADB Debugging and Apps from unknown sources
- Now head back to Settings and select System > About > Network
- From here, look for your IP Address and note it down on a paper
- Now download Adblink on your Windows PC from http://jocala.com/
- Also, download the ARM APK file on Windows from this link https://kodi.tv/
- Launch the Adblink app and click New
- In the Description field, type in a name (e.g. FiretvKodi)
- In the Address field, type in your FireTV IP address
- Click Save and then hit Connect
- Once you see your FireTV in Connected Devices, Click Install APK and select Kodi APK file you downloaded earlier
- Click Open file, then Confirm to Install
- Now on your Amazon FireTV, go to Apps and look for Kodi app
- Launch it and enjoy streaming global content with Kodi on your FireStick device!
How to Install Kodi on FireStick on Mac
- Turn on your Amazon FireStick, and navigate to Settings > System > Developer Options
- Enable Apps from unknown sources and ADB Debugging options.
- Go back to settings and select System > About > Network
- Look for your FireTV IP address and note it down somewhere
- Download AdbLink on Mac from this link here.
- Also, download the Kodi ARM file (android version) from here https://kodi.tv/download/
- Once done, launch AdbLink on Mac and click the New
- Enter a name (i.e. FireStick) In the Description
- Type the FireStick IP address (you saved earlier) In the Address box.
- Click on Save
- Now Under Current Device, Select FireStick and click on Connect
- After your FireStick is connected, click on Install APK.
- Browse the Kodi APK file and open it
- Click Yes to install Kodi on FireTV Stick
There, you have it! To launch Kodi now, you just have to go to FireStick Home Screen, Go to Apps and click on Kodi. That’s about it. Doesn’t take more than five minutes even if you get stuck here and there!
It is always best to use a VPN while streaming via Kodi as it keeps all activities anonymous and keeps you off the radar from any trouble. You get high speed too as the ISP can no longer throttle your speed.
How To Use Kodi on FireStick
Once you have installed Kodi with the help of the guide given above, you need to equip it with the best Kodi addons for streaming and maintenance so as to get Kodi functioning to its full potential. Here are a few Kodi addons that you must install on your FireStick Kodi device:
Best Kodi Addons for FireStick
- Iron Man
- Dogs Bollocks
- EVC VIDEO CLUB
- USTV Now
- Neptune Rising
- Cerebro IPTV+
- cCloud TV
- UK Turk
- BBC iPlayer
Best Kodi Maintenance Addons
- Fresh Start
- Backup – Backup and Restore Kodi
- ECHO Wizard
- Supreme Builds Wizard
- Merlin Wizard
- Smash Wizard
Premium All-time Addons
- Mania HD
- Vader Streams
- Players Klub
- ACE IPTV
- Nemesis Kodi addon
How to Update Kodi on FireStick TV
Now that we have covered all grounds, this is important to go over before we conclude. For something to continue running smoothly, we need to update it constantly of course. Fortunately, updating Kodi is easier than installing it in the first place.
Here is what you need to do to Update Kodi on FireStick:
- Go to FireStick Settings, select System and scroll down to Developer Options
- Enable the “Apps from unknown sources” option.
- Return to FireStick home screen and click on the Search bar.
- Type “Downloader” and select the Downloader app icon to Install it on your Fire TV Stick
- Launch Downloader app and type in this URL in the text bar
- In the box, add URL http://kodi.tv/download and hit GO.
- Once the page load, scroll down and click on the android icon.
- After you have clicked, a new window will appear with different Kodi update versions
- Select the latest version you want to install & the downloading will begin
- When the downloading finishes, click Install
- Once the installation is successful, click on Done
- Go back to FireStick home screen and launch Kodi
And that’s pretty much about it. Enjoy streaming your favorite videos, movies, shows and stay up-to-date with content from all over the world. Install Kodi on FireStick and watch it with FastestVPN without any hiccups.