Want your TV to function like a smart TV? Don’t have enough means to spend an unlimited amount of bucks to get a new one? Well, Amazon Firestick is here to solve your problems. This low-cost solution has proved itself to be groundbreaking where it can easily turn a regular TV into a smart TV. It allows you to stream media through a variety of services including Netflix, Amazon Prime Videos, Hotstar, and Hulu.
The problem arises where you need to pay a subscription fee for all these services. These subscription fees aren’t cheap. You will face a lot of issues if you don’t regularly pay for these services. This is where a user realizes the worth of jailbreak. Jailbreaking allows you to stream any content provided by any service. The most famous one is Kodi amongst Amazon Firestick users. It has millions of free and unique content to watch.
The main question is how to jailbreak a Firestick and stream Kodi services. This article will guide you through easy steps.Get VPN Now
A Little Bit about Kodi
Kodi is free software with which you can play almost all digital media content (audio, video). It is simply a Media Center System. These media can be on local disks (hard disk, USB stick, SD card, Bluray / DVD drive), in the network or on the Internet.
Even DRM-protected content from providers such as SkyGo, Netflix, Amazon Video, or DAZN can be played within Kodi. Kodi was initially developed for the very first Xbox – originally called Xbox Media Center (XBMC). Kodi lives on donations. A lot of developers are involved in the project – for example, 36 programmers contributed code to Kodi 18.2.
Jailbreaking and Installing Kodi
As we have explained earlier that the main reason for jailbreaking Amazon Firestick is to get access to free online contents. This can mostly be done through Kodi. Kodi is no longer available in the official Amazon Appstore for the Fire TV. Therefore, you have to install the Android version. However, this is not authorized by Amazon. Therefore, you must enable the installation of apps from unknown sources. This works as follows:
- In the Fire TV main menu, right click on “Settings.”
- Then on very far right click on “My Fire TV” (formerly called the entry “device”)
- Click “Developer Options“
- For “apps of unknown sources” must be “ON.” If it is “OFF,” you have to click on it first and then confirm again by clicking on “Turn on.”
Install ES File Explorer (If Not Already Done)
We use the ES File Explorer to do many things on the Fire TV including the installation of Android APK files from the Google Play Store. Therefore, you must get ES File Explorer to continue with downloading Kodi. Follow the below-mentioned steps;
- Go to the Firestick home-screen and click on the Search option.
- Search for ES File Explorer through the on-screen keypad and click on it.
- Click on ES File Explorer icon and press the download button.
- Click Open to launch the app.
Download & install Kodi 18.2 Final APK
So, now that you have ES File Explorer installed on your Fire TV, the last step is to jailbreak Firestick by downloading & installing Kodi 18.2 codename Leia. To do this, proceed as follows:
- Open ES File Explorer and click the Downloader icon.
- Further, click the +New on the bottom of the screen.
- A window will appear, click on Download Now.
- ES File Explorer will start downloading Kodi APK.
- Open the file and click Install.
- Click Install again on the new window.
- Wait for it to be installed. In the end, you will get a notification of the app being installed.
Using the Jailbroken Kodi through VPN
Now that you have jailbroken Kodi how about having access to all the contents of it? We always recommend our readers to use VPN when accessing online contents. You never know when you open a copyrighted material by mistake. It is quite difficult to differentiate nowadays, with so many contents available. Therefore, it is necessary for you to enable a good VPN while browsing the content on Amazon Fire TV.
You must be confused about which VPN to pick. We all have heard about the nightmares of a VPN service where their speed is too slow to browse anything. We tried multiple VPNs and found out that FastestVPN will be the best for this purpose. With the low subscription cost, it is the best VPN available on the internet to stream online videos, download torrents, or listen to music.
Keeping yourself safe must be your first priority. Follow the below-mentioned steps to keep yourself safe while browsing content on Amazon Firestick.
- Subscribe to a VPN first. With the 30-day money back guarantee, you can test it for yourself.
- Download FireStick App
- Open the app and click on the sign in button after filling up your credentials.
Power on the VPN on your Firestick.
Now you are completely secured. You can easily browse any content you desire without the fear of getting caught. Enjoy your time on Amazon Firestick after learning how to jailbreak a firestick legally. Although the whole process is legal, VPN is for your own safety where an internet user is usually not certain that the content they are browsing is copyrighted material or not. Therefore, keep yourself secure and enjoy your day!
You may be interested in: How to Reboot Firestick