Here in this guide, we are going to explain you step-by-step how you can easily install Kodi on Fire Stick (Fire TV Stick). We’re also going to show you how to install Kodi 18 Leia version on your Amazon devices, however, the new version is not the most stable Kodi release and may have a few bugs here and there. So, without further a due, let’s begin with a little introduction on the topic.
Fire TV Stick has become a very popular streaming option for many users in the US and other parts of the world, largely thanks to the integration of services like Amazon Prime Video, Hulu, Netflix, and many others that come within the device. Moreover, the Firestick also includes Alexa support which means now you can simply sit on your couch and control your entertainment device using your voice.
But, as good as it may sound, there is one problem that can halt your streaming experience with the Firestick device. The problem is the content available on the device is not all free. Some is free, however, the best streaming material is paid. This has been a major problem for many firestick users around the world and also the main reason why many users are starting to use Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Kodi is one of the biggest sources of providing free streaming content, even content that isn’t available in your region or the one with huge premium costs. So, if you have also decided to shift over to Kodi to enjoy streaming media on your Amazon device, then simply use any of our guides below to install Kodi on Fire TV stick within seconds.
How to Install Kodi 17.6 on FireStick
Using Kodi on Firestick will give a whole set of options to enjoy media content. With Kodi, you can watch your favorite movies or TV shows, live stream IPTV channels, or just listen to music and relax. The fact that Kodi gives you everything to stream for free is really overwhelming, to say the least. So, let’s just cut to the chase and allow me to show you the best ways to install Kodi on FIreStick.
Note: before you continue, you should know that ISPs and governments across the world constantly monitor their user’s online activities using their IP location. This means if you’re ever found to be browsing or streaming illegal content on FireStick using Kodi, you may get into some serious legal trouble.
To avoid ISPs and Governments to track your IP location and monitor your online activities, you must get yourself a Kodi VPN. A VPN for Kodi will mask your IP location while giving you anonymity over the internet. This way you can stream movies and shows on Kodi on your FireStick device and have the best viewing experience ever.
We recommend FastestVPN as this is the only VPN provider with a dedicated app for Amazon FireStck. In addition, FastestVPN is one of the most reliable VPN in the industry with a highly secure VPN service. FastestVPN also gives a 7-day money back guarantee. Moreover, the service is also very affordable when we compared it with other VPNs on the market.
STEP 1: Prepare Your Fire TV / Stick for Kodi Installation
Before you jump on to Kodi installation, you must first get a few things in order before setting up Kodi on Firestick. The first thing you need to do is to enable ADB debugging, then turn on the Apps from unknown sources option, and lastly, turn off the Collect App Usage Data.
To do all this, simply follow the below steps:
- Go to Settings on your FireStick. Click on System/Device and then Select Developer Options.
- Now you need to do two things. First, enable ADB debugging and after that turn on Apps from Unknown Sources.
- In the last step, simply go to Settings and then Applications. Now, just disable the Collect App Usage Data and there you go. Now you can just go and install Kodi on FireStick.
Again, before all that, make sure you have a Kodi VPN running at the back to give you instant access to your favorite content.
STEP 2: Download and Install ES File Explorer
Now it’s time to get an app called ES File Explorer on your Amazon Firestick. This ES File Explorer will make your Kodi installation process convenient and smooth. It is available for free on the App Store. To download it on your Amazon device.
Follow the below steps:
- Launch the Amazon App Store and search “ES File Explorer”.
- Select the app and hit download.
- Once downloaded, the app will install automatically.
- After installing ES File Explorer on your Fire TV Stick, now it’s time to install the all-important Kodi app.
STEP 3: Install Kodi 17.6 Krypton on FireStick
In this last step, you will need to download and install Kodi on Fire TV Stick using the ES File Explorer App.
Here is how to do it:
- Open ES File Explorer and click on the menu. go to Tools > Download Manager > and click on +New
- Once you click on +New, a new pop-up menu will appear. Here you need to provide app Name and
- In the Path field, type this URL: https://apkpure.com/kodi/org.xbmc.kodi/download?from=details. In the Name field, type Kodi Krypton and then click ‘OK’.
- Now Click the Download Now button the downloading will start.
- Once the app is downloaded, click on “Open File” and then hit “Install.” The Kodi installation will begin.
The Kodi app will not appear at your Firestick home screen. So, instead go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage Installed Applications -> Select Kodi and hit Launch.
How to Use Kodi on FireStick
There you go, the Kodi app is successfully installed on your Amazon Fire TV Stick. Now you can stream global content including movies, shows, live channels and much more for free. So, let us show you how to use Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick with complete ease and comfort.
But before you start streaming on Kodi, you should be aware of all the issues that may arise when you stream on Kodi without any protection. The thing is, your ISP and the Government can see your online activities including the things you stream on Kodi, by tracing your IP address.
Since you would be streaming copyright content on Kodi, if you are caught doing that, you may get in serious legal troubles.
Thankfully, you can stay away from such trouble and enjoy streaming your favorite content with Kodi on Fire TV Stick using a Kodi VPN. By using a VPN, it will encrypt your online activities from ISP and the government so that you can stream on Kodi without worrying about getting caught.
A VPN will also enable you to bypass online restrictions imposed by copyright owners. So, all in all, a Kodi VPN will solve most of your online worries.
Note: We do not promote users to stream copyright content, but we strongly believe that online security and privacy is the right of all. So, if streaming on Kodi is what you want to do, than you must protect your online activities from anyone who wants to use it for their own benefit.
So, first, you need to install FastestVPN on your Firestick device then stream on Kodi. Here is how you can install it:
- Visit this link to subscribe to FastestVPN (FastestVPN is offering a 7-day money back guarantee. If you’re not satisfied with their service, you can simply request for a full refund within the first 7 days of using the service)
- Turn on your Fire TV / FireStick and open Silk Browser. Visit this link and download FastestVPN FireStick app on your device.
- Once downloaded, open the file to install FastestVPN application on your Fire TV / Stick
- After installation is complete, launch the FastestVPN app and login with your FastestVPN ID and Password that you were provided after subscription.
- Now select your desired country to connect to our VPN server in the same country. You can also switch to different protocols by going settings.
That’s all. You’re now connected to FastestVPN’s secure and fast server. Now that your connection is protected with a Kodi VPN, its now time to know how you can enjoy your favorite content with Kodi on Firestick.
To stream global content including all the latest movies, shows, and event on your Fire TV / Firestick, you must install popular Kodi addons first.
To do that, simply do the following:
- Launch Kodi and go to Add-ons
- Access Add-on installer by clicking the open box icon from the top left corner
- Select install from repository > Kodi Add-on Repository and select your desired Kodi add-ons to install (You can also install Kodi add-ons from unofficial repositories).
How to install Kodi 18 Leia on FireStick
As mentioned earlier, Kodi 18 Leia just released recently and is full of bugs. So if you use it on your Firestick, you may come across some technical issues but they won’t affect or halt your streaming experience in any way. Installing Kodi 18 Leia on Fire TV Stick isn’t difficult. The process is pretty simple and similar to Kodi 17.6. So, here’s how it goes:
- First of all, you need to install ES File Explorer on your Firestick.
- If you have it installed already, then open Tools > Download Manager > and click +New. You will be asked to provide a Path and Name for the app you want to install.
- Enter this link: https://tinyurl.com/kodi18beta in Path field and also type Kodi 18 Leia in Name
- Hit the “Download Now” button. The app will download Kodi 18 Leia on Fire Stick.
- Once the downloading is complete, click the “Open File” option to launch the installer screen and then hit “Install”.
- There you have it, the Kodi 18 Leia is successfully installed on your Fire TV / FireStick. Now simply click on “Open” to launch Kodi on Amazon Fire TV Stick.
How to Install Kodi on Fire Stick Using AppStarter
If you are not able to install Kodi on FireStick using the above method, there is an alternative to that as well. You can use the AppStarter app to install Kodi on Fire TV Stick. AppStarter is a utility app that allows you to install blacklisted apps like Kodi on FireStick.
Before you install the AppStarter app on Fire TV / Stick, you once again need to enable the ADB debugging option, disable Collect App Usage Data, and also turn on Apps from unknown sources. After doing that, install ES File Explorer from the Amazon App Store.
Once you have done the above-said process, follow the below steps to install Kodi on Fire Stick using AppStarter App:
- Start the ES File Explorer app and Select menu.
- Go to Tools > Download Manager > and select +New
- A new popup window will appear where you need to enter Path and Name of your App. Enter ‘http://fs.bpx.li/’ in the Path field and enter ‘appstarter’ in the Name field. After that click “Download Now”
- Once downloaded, click on ‘Open File’ and then hit “Install.”
- After AppStarter is installed, launch it from your home screen.
- To install Kodi, go to “Updates” from the left side menu then look for Kodi on the right side and hit “Install”.
There you go, you have successfully installed Kodi on Fire Stick using AppStarter. Lunch Kodi and start streaming your favorite content on your Amazon Fire TV / Firestick.
How to Install Kodi on Fire TV Stick With FireDL
If you’re not able to install Kodi on FireStick using AppStarter, another easy way to get Kodi on your Firestick is by using FireDL app. Downloading Kodi with FireDL is also easy but it may take a little more time to download the Kodi APK with it. So, if you were not able to install Kodi using the able methods, here is how you can do it with FireDL.
Just like other methods above, this method will also require you to turn on Apps from Unknown Sources option from FireStick settings. Once you do that, follow these steps:
- on your Fire Stick, Search for FireDL and install it.
- Open the app and enter 600003 at the top blank space. (this code will convert the Kodi APK URL and download the app on your device)
- Once the download is completed, the Installation window will popup. Simply click “Install,” and until the installation is complete.
- After the installation is over, launch Kodi on Fire Stick and enjoy streaming global content.
To watch your favorite movies and shows or stream live IPTV channels on Kodi, you must get FastestVPN to bypass geo-blocks and hide your IP from ISPs and Government to securely stream your favorite content instantly without any issues or worries.
How to Install Kodi on FireStick Using Downloader App
Last but not the least, you can install Kodi on FireStick using the Downloader App. Downloader is an app that allows you to install your favorite apps on Amazon FireStick with ease. It is similar to the ES File Explorer and can be considered an alternative to it. So, if all of the able methods doesn’t work for you, this will surely work.
Again you must enable ADB Debugging, Apps from unknown sources, and turn off Collect App Usage Data before downloading the Downloader app. Once done, follow this step by step guide:
- From your Amazon FireStick home, select the “Search” bar from top left of your screen and type “Downloader” on the text field.
- Select the Downloader app from the searched list and then click “Get” to download and install the Downloader app on your Amazon FireStick device.
- Once the app is installed, click on it to launch it.
- Click the blank field for URL.
- Now you will see a new pop-up window where you need to type a URL. Enter http://kodi.tv/download and then hit Go.
- Now you will be directed to the official Kodi website. Use your FireStick mouse pointer to navigate. Scroll down and click on the “Android” icon.
- Now you’ll see a new page. Go down and select open ‘ARMV7A (32Bit)’.
- The Downloader app will download the Kodi APK on your Amazon Fire TV / Stick. Wait until the app is completely downloaded on your Fire TV Stick.
- Once the download is completed, you’ll see a popup asking you to install the app, select
- Click “Install” again and that’s pretty much it.
You have now installed Kodi on Fire TV Stick. All you need now is to install a couple of popular Kodi addons to enjoy free streaming of your favorite content. Make sure you have a VPN in place if you’re to access copyright streams.
Install Kodi on FireStick – Conclusion
So there you go! Installing and updating Kodi on Firestick isn’t hard and time-consuming. You can do it by simply following the guides we have explained above. You don’t need any technical knowledge, but a fast internet connection, a Fire TV/Firestick device and a VPN.
We have shown you the easiest route to install Kodi on Fire Stick devices, so make sure you follow them accurately to get the popular streaming media on your Amazon devices. The above methods are tried and tested, so you don’t have to worry about facing any issues.