Showbox is an on-demand third-party application that allows you to stream a wide range of movies and shows on your Android devices. The best thing about Showbox is that its team regularly adds new content.
You can watch content in HD quality; the app itself is super light and does not downgrade your device performance. One important thing to mention is that the Showbox app is designed for android mobiles; hence, it does not support Fire TV’s remote. However, you can easily install a mouse toggle app to use Showbox on Firestick.
Get VPN Now
Note: Showbox may contain malware and viruses since it’s an unofficial app and doesn’t have legal rights to stream media files. Therefore, it is suggested to use a Showbox VPN for secure and anonymous streaming.
How to Install Showbox on Firestick
Showbox is not an official app; therefore, it is unavailable in the Android app store. But you can install it from other third-party app sources.
There are two different methods available to download and install Showbox on Firestick.
Method 1: Download and Install Showbox on Firestick with Downloader App
- Head to Firestick home
- Click where you see the Settings icon
- Now, select My Fire TV
- Choose Developers Options
- Click at Apps from Unknown Sources
- Turn on apps from unknown sources
- Head back to the home screen and select “Find.”
- Select the search option
- Type “Downloader” and select it from the available list
- Click on the Downloader icon
- Now, click on Download
- Now, wait for the installation; it will take a few minutes
- Click Open to launch the app
- Click Allow after opening Downloader
- Click OK when you see a notification
- Now, you will see the by default home tab with some text on it
- In the URL field, enter this: https://bit.ly/showbox-firetv and click Go
- Wait for the Showbox APK file to be installed
- After installation, Click Next
- Click install and wait for a few minutes
- Click Done when you see a Showbox notification
And that’s it!
Get VPN Now
Note: To use Showbox on Firestick, long-press the home button, and select apps. From the available list, pick Showbox and open it. I will recommend installing a VPN before streaming on Showbox.
Method 2: Install Showbox App on Firestick Using Aptoide Store
You can also install Showbox on Firestick by using a third-party app store. The third-party app store will work as the Amazon store alternative. You can use Aptoide; it’s a third-party app store that works for the Android app store and works on Firestick devices.
- Open Aptoide, and it will directly open the Editor’s choice section by default. You will see various apps on the right side, and the Showbox app will also appear in the same window.
- You can also tap on Top applications to see the most popular Android apps
- If you still fail to find the Showbox option, head to Editor’s choice again and click on the search icon to find the app
- Click where you see the Showbox icon
- Click Install
- Click OK when you see a warning message
- Wait for the download to complete
- Click Next when you see a prompt on display
- Click install in the next window
- Wait for the app installation on Firestick
- When you see the App Installed notification, click Open to launch the app. You may click Done if you want to use the app later. To open the app, you can head to Your Apps & Channels section.
That’s it! Now, you can use Showbox on Firestick.
Is Showbox Legal?
Showbox may contain pirated content that can land you in trouble as per your country’s law. However, you can use a VPN service to stream on Showbox safely. A VPN hides your connection and protects you from ISP and government surveillance.
Features of Showbox
- No sign-up required
- No ad popups
- HD quality with other viewing options
- Subtitles are available
- Movies genre, type, rating, and year are available
- Easy-to-use interface
- Download and watch later option is available.
How to fix Showbox error on Firestick
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Installed Applications from the Fire TV menu. Select Showbox from the available list, and access the app info. Tap Clear Data and Clear Cache button. Now, restart your devices and reopen Showbox.
With the following guide, you can easily install Showbox on Firestick. All the mentioned methods will allow you to watch free movies and shows on Showbox. Using a VPN before installing Showbox on Firestick is highly recommended. It will secure your network and enable you to stream anonymously from anywhere.