Need to know how to install MX Player on Firestick? This simple guide will show you everything you need to know about it! We’ve highlighted detailed instructions below that are tailor-made for every user to follow. Also note that this installation guide works best with Fire TV, Firestick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
What is the MX Player?
MX Player is one of the more popular media player and streaming services available for Android devices with over 280 million users worldwide. It works great for playing music or video files on many Android OS. The only difference that sets it apart from the other popular media player called VLC, is that it’s used more as a background player for many third party apps like Kodi.
You might have at some point noticed that when you download a third party app, you’re prompted to use MX Player with it or to download it for a better experience.
Well, the thing is, regardless of being recommended to download it, you will find that almost 60% of these apps don’t work without the MX Player. Such is the case for Jailbroken Firestick, if you’re going to download unlimited third-party apps or use Firestick in general, it’s recommended to use MX Player. Now, since MX Player is also a third-party app, you will need to use the Sideloading method to install it.
For those who don’t know how to get started, I’ve highlighted a quick an easy tutorial showing you how to install MX Player on Firestick.
How to install MX Player on Firestick
As mentioned above, we will be using the Sideloading method since MX Player isn’t available on Firestick. You can start that by getting yourself the “Downloader App” since it’s the best for Sideloading any third-party apps. Here’s how to get the Downloader app:
Download and install the Downloader App
- On your Firestick homepage, click on the search icon (magnifying glass icon)
- Type out Downloader App
- Click the first result.
- Open the app icon when prompted
- Now, click on the download button to proceed.
Now, even though MX Player is safe to install, there are still a couple of apps that are malicious. To proceed with installing MX Player you’re going to need to turn on the “Apps from Unknown Sources.” Here’s how:
Turn on Apps from Unknown Sources
- Go into your Settings on your Firestick. You will find it on the menu bar on the top.
- Next, click on “My Fire TV” and then on “Developer Options.”
- You will see an option of “Apps from Unknown Sources.” If it’s off, click on it to turn it on.
- Now you will see a pop up window with options between “Turn On” or “Cancel.” Click on “Turn On.”
That’s all. Your Apps from Unknown Sources is now enabled. You can proceed with the installing the Downloader app.
Download and install MX Player
Now, since you’ve got yourself the Downloader app, here’s how you can get the MX Player service on your Firestick:
- Launch the Downloader app.
- You will see an empty tab which asks you to enter the URL link, which is http://mxplayerdownload.co
- Click on “Go” to proceed.
- The MX Player APK file will now begin to download. Shouldn’t take longer than a few minutes or even seconds.
- You will now see this page, like in the image below. Click on “Next.”
- Now, click on “Install.”
- The MX Player app will now install in a few minutes.
- When the app is installed, you will be a confirmation message, like so:
- To clear room or make space, you can delete the APK file from your Downloader window. To do that, click on “Delete” and then on “Delete” again.
- That’s about it! You now have MX Player installed on Firestick!
Because you are downloading a third-party app, make sure to use a VPN to protect yourself. Most third-party apps come with vulnerabilities. A VPN is one of the more efficient ways to protect you from these external threats.
Also, if you’re living in a country that doesn’t support access to a few of these services like MX Player, a VPN will allow you to change your IP address, so that your traffic is hidden, and so that you can lift the block. For this, we’d recommend using FastestVPN.
Is there an alternative way to install MX Player on Firestick?
Yes, there is, and that is through the ES File Explorer method. However, if you’re able to install MX Player through the Downloader app, then you don’t need to follow this method. There’s one issue though, the ES File Explorer now comes with a price of $9.99/mo. It’s not free anymore. Apart from that, here’s how you can download and installed MX Player, via the ES File Explorer method:
- Launch the ES File Explorer and look for the Downloader icon.
- Click on it.
- You will directed to another screen like in the image below. Click on “+New.”
- Now, you should see a Download window. In the “Path” field, enter in this URL https://mxplayerdownload.co. In the “Name” field, choose any name or title that you’d like to label the file with. The easiest would be to name it “MX.”
- Click on “Download Now” like in the image above. Wait a couple of minutes for the MX APK File to download.
- Once that’s done, click on “Open file.”
- Now, when prompted, you will see a window with three options between (cancel, market, or install). Click on “Install” to proceed.
- If you scroll a little down, you will see a “Next” option. Click on it.
- When you click on it, now click on “Install.”
- Your MX Player app will now install. Give it a couple of minutes and then click on “Done.”
- That’s about it.
If you’d like to clear up space and delete the APK file, here’s how you can do that:
- Go to the EX File Explorer menu, and click on the Local tab on the left side menu.
- You will see two Home options, click on the second one
- Now go to the right, you will see the Download Click on it, and choose the MX Player APK.
- Press long over it and click on OK or Select on your FireStick remote. Make sure to keep pressing on the button till you see a small checkmark on the APK file.
- Click on “Delete” or “Trash” to delete the file. That’s all!
You now know how to install MX Player on Firestick! Simply follow the instructions mentioned above and you’re good to go! Also remember to use a VPN just in case MX Player isn’t available where you live. There are other perks that come with it, like bypassing ISP throttling, or protecting you while loading third-party content on Firestick using the MX Player.