TeaTV is an APK based, streaming application that supplies users with an enormous range of movies, TV Shows and most sporting events such as WWE, IBF, UFC, and more. The function is inherently similar to Kodi in that it is free and is compatible with almost any device including FireStick, Android, iOS, and Mac. Furthermore, TeaTV offers an engaging and user-friendly interface supported by superior categorization to make searching for entertainment a breeze
The latest version of TeaTV for FireStick is now completely compatible with a remote controller with a professional interface, fluid navigation, and a robust media library. It has speedily become one of the most recommended media streaming apps. Therefore, in this article, we discuss how you can install TeaTV on FireStick and how you can protect yourself in the process.
Install TeaTV on Firestick by carefully following the steps outlined below:
Sideloading an App
TeaTV is technically a third-party app and therefore not officially part of the Amazon Store. Unfortunately, unlike typical Android mobiles or tablets, the FireStick does not support many apps officially. Consequently, some apps have to what is called ‘sideloaded’ on to your FireStick device. Sideloading on FireStick requires individual apps. In this guide, we will discuss two apps that you can use along with detailed installation instructions:
- ES File Explorer
Problems are possible when turning on this feature, but most are a result of downloading APKs from unreliable sources. Therefore, make sure you use one fo the two apps mentioned here or thoroughly research any other options before making your decision.
Enable Apps from Unknown Sources
The first step, before anything else is to prep your device. Therefore, you must enable the installation of apps from unknown sources. Here is what you need to do:
- Open ‘Settings’ from the FireStick home-screen (menu bar on the top);
- Click MyFireTV or Device;
- Click on ‘Developer Options’
- If ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ is disabled, turn it on;
- Ignore the warning message and click ‘OK’.
Install TeaTV on FireStick Using Downloader
As we mentioned earlier, Downloader is an app that facilitates the installation of apps no officially available on the app store. It is essential for the entire ‘side-loading’ process. Here is how:
- Step 1: To download the app, go to your FireStick home-screen, select ‘search’ from the top left;
- Steps 2: Search for the app Downloader and install it;
- Step 3: Run the app and then click on the URL field found on the right side of the Downloader home-screen (the app opens with the left Home tab selected by default);
- Step 4: Type in the following URL when the onscreen keyboard appears and click GO:https://www.firesticktricks.com/tea;
- Step 5: Downloader app will connect to the server URL is pointing to and begin to download the TeaTV APK on FireStick;
- Step 6: Once complete, the Downloader app will initiate followed by a prompt asking for confirmation to install TeaTV on FireStick;
- Step 7: Look for the Next button in the bottom right of the screen and navigate to it using your FireStick remote;
- Step 9: Once the installation is complete, delete the APK since it is now unnecessary, and you might as well save on some space;
Install TeaTV on FireStick Using ES File Explorer
The second option you can use is the ES File Explorer which is an excellent alternative to the Downloader app and is used widely as a side-loader to install TeaTV on FireStick. In this case, however, you can download the app from the Amazon Store. Heres how to download and install ES File Explorer:
- Step 1: Look up for it in the Search option on the FireStick home-screen;
- Step 2: Launch ES File Explorer and you will see a menu bar. Scroll down and then click ‘Tools’ to expand it and then click on the ‘’Download Manager’ option;
- Step 3: Navigate to the right side of the page and, on the bottom click the ‘+New’ button;
- Step 4: A dialogue box will open, showing two fields. One for ‘path’ and one for ‘name’. Fill each, as stated below:
- Path: type https://www.firesticktricks.com/tea
- In ‘Name’ type TeaTV;
- Step 5: Click the ‘Download Now’ button;
- Step 6: Wait for ES File Explorer to connect to the server and download the TeaTV APK on FireStick;
- Step 7: Click on ‘Open file’ when prompted and then click ‘install’;
- Step 8: In the installation prompt, scroll to the bottom right corner of the screen and click on ‘install’ again to proceed;
- Step 9: Click ‘Open’ once you receive the confirmation that installation is complete;
- Step 10: Then click ‘Done’ to return to the ES File Explorer home screen.
How to Use TeaTV on FireStick
In any FireStick device, you can find all your apps under the ‘Your Apps and Channels’ section. Here you can search through installed apps and run them. Once you install TeaTv on FireStick, here’s how to access and use it:
- Step 1: Press and hold down the ‘Home’ button on your remote for a few seconds;
- Step 2: When you see the pop-up menu, click on Apps;
- Step 3: Scroll down and select the TeaTV app icon and click it to open the app;
You can also move the TeaTV icon to the home screen to make accessing it faster and more convenient:
- Step 1: Go to the ‘Your Apps and Channels’ section;
- Step 2: Highlight the TeaTV app;
- Step 3: Press and hold the ‘Select’ or ‘Menu’ button on your remote for a few seconds and then click ‘Move’ the menu that pops up (in the bottom right corner);
- Step 4: Move the TeaTV icon to any one of the top two rows;
- Step 5: Drop the image at the location desired by pressing the ‘Select’ button again on the FireStick remote;
- Step 6: Now go back to the FireStick home-screen, and you will see the TeaTV icon nestled underneath the ‘Your Apps and Channels’ category;
- Step 7: Run the TeaTV app on your FireStick device.
When you first use the app, a disclaimer will pop-up which you need to accept to proceed. Once you do that, choose your preferred subtitle language (you can change it at any time later on).
How to Search in TeaTV
Follow these steps to search through TeaTV for content you desire:
- Step 1: Click on the search icon;
- Step 2: Highlight the back button in the top left of the screen (it looks like an arrow pointing to the left);
- Step 3: Then click the right arrow on your remote and that will place you in the search box;
- Step 4: Click on the ‘OK’ button to pull open the keyboard;
- Step 5: Type out what you want to search for and press ‘search’
- Step 6: Look through the list of titles and select one that interests you
- Step 7: Watch the trailer to get an idea for the movie or go through the “Similar Movies or TV Shows” section to expand your search
- Step 8: Once you make your decision, click on the ‘Play’ button at the top of the movie or TV show poster of the chosen title. That will then give you a list of options for quality and size so you can choose whichever works;
- Step 9: TeaTV will then provide you different options for viewing, i.e. with or without subtitles, different video players, and even whether you want to download the content.
How to Protect yourself when installing apps on FireStick
Before you start streaming with TeaTV on your FireStick, install a VPN first. In this day an age, with the intense pressure on cybersecurity, Internet Service Providers (ISPs) and Governments alike routinely track and monitor your browsing. In some cases, they can restrict the apps you use and how you connect to them.
That’s where a Virtual Private Network (VPN) service such as FastestVPN comes in. There is no better way to secure your connection and protect your privacy while streaming copyrighted or geo-restricted content. Keep in mind; we do not encourage violating copyright laws. However, even though you may not be watching copyright content intentionally, mistakes can happen. More so for those of you that are new to the streaming world and don’t know what qualifies as black market goods (‘free’ movies and TV shows).
FastestVPN is the fastest and most secure VPN in the industry. It is effortless to install on any device including the Amazon FireStick. This VPN service offers over 200 high-speed servers to choose from and 15-day money-back guarantee. Furthermore, it is available for a multitude of the device including the FireStick, most smartphones, and the PC.
Here’s how to install FastestVPN on to your FireStick Device:
- Step 1: Power on your FireStick and navigate to the settings page. Once there, click on ‘Open Device’
- Step 2: Open Developer Options
- Step 3: Navigate to the ADB debugging section and make sure the status is ‘ON’
- Step 4: Look for ‘Apps from Unknown Sources’ and make sure it is enabled, i.e. ‘ON’
- Step 5: Now go back to the FireStick home screen and search for an App called “Downloader”. This app is necessary to ‘side-load’ the FastestVPN app. If you already have it installed, skip directly to Step 7;
- Step 6: Install the “Downloader” app and launch it
- Step 7: Enter the URL: https://fastestvpn.com/download and search
- Step 8: Scroll down and click on “FireStick/Android Box” to download the FastestVPN App for your FireStick
- Step 9: Install the App and once done, click on “Open“. You are ready to use FastestVPN App on your FireStick
- Step 10: Open the app and enter the same login credentials you used when creating the FastestVPN account to ‘sign in’
- Step 11: Select the appropriate server based on the geo-restriction on the content you wish to view;
- Step 12: Click or press the ‘Power’ icon to connect to the VPN server you selected earlier (make sure you’re using PPTP protocols);
- Step 13: Launch whatever streaming service you prefer and enjoy
TeaTV is a popular app for almost all your entertainment needs. It brings you a host of movies and TV shows on-demand for free. In this article, we covered two of the most popular ways in which to install TeaTV on Firestick and the simple steps required to use them. Furthermore, do not forget to use FastestVPN to protect your connection when installing and using TeaTV to avoid any unnecessary hassles.
The VPN service will not only help you protect your internet connection but also help improve speed, bandwidth limits and bypass any throttling from your ISP. In this world, with the exceptional amount of surveillance by the regulatory authority, privacy has become a thing of the past. But not when using FastestVPN.